Tenshodo C61 in 1/80th scale.

marknewton

Das Steinkopf

Just discovered this:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_c=104&cat=&target=tag&searchkey=Type+C61

Looks like I'll be chasing some overtime to pay for one! :)

Cheers,

Mark.

Given the abysmal exchange rate of the $AUD to ¥ I dare say you will have to work a decent amount of OT to buy that one, I am currently cringing at the fact that a long awaited pre order is nearly ready and I am going to have to cough up, to make it worse the most expensive item which is 2/3rds the cost of the order was supposed to be released in March but got delayed.

• Like 3
Eurostar25

Murphy's law isn't it, the exchange rate always plummets right when you get the notification that a pre order is ready!

• Like 3
bnicolas1987

A C61-20 would be great... Maybe if I have some extra money... (I also would like a D51 tenshodo...)

bnicolas1987

Hi, I have a little question...

Shall I pre-order this locomotive or is it OK to wait until it is delivered by Tenshodo.

Cheers.

Nicolas

bnicolas1987

So, I just reserved yet a C61 20 for a SL usage... I hope it will be as great as the D51!!!

As I'll be working on Christmas Day, my wife let me have my present a little early.

gallery_22_66_508750.jpg

The model is typical Tenshodo, almost ready to run, but with a large number of detail parts to be added. The model is mainly diecast metal, it seems to weigh as much as a housebrick! :) It'll be a couple of days before I get a chance to run it, so I'll post a further report then.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 8

So far I've only been able to run the C61 on DC, but my initial impression is good. The sound effects from the dual-mode QSI decoder are quite loud, so I can't say with certainty how quiet the mechanism is, but it does run quite smoothly. Pulling power seems good too, but I could only haul seven cars before I ran out of room on the Kitchenbenchbahn. Next week I'll take the thing down to the club and see what it's like running on DCC with a decent-sized train.

In the meantime I've attached the number plates and other detail parts. If nothing else the model does look good! :)

gallery_22_66_168989.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 2
bnicolas1987

Hi,

I've finally finished my C61 20, here with my D51: (I wonder if the two sets of tenshodo oldstyle cars will be still available in a few month when I'll have the sold for them...)

IMAG1742.jpg

Cheers.

Nicolas

• Like 1