Crazy Auctions / Prices Thread

cteno4

railsquid

Drag? Pink slips? I think I'm not getting the right context somehow...

Edited by railsquid
  • Haha 1

LOL, Wrong direction! Freudian pink slip in drag there. 

Drag race (ie head to vehicle racing not drag queens in high heals in a foot race, but we do have that here in dc should you want to come and watch) and the winner gets the ownership of the looser’s vehicle (use to be a pink ownership certificate so called a pink slip). Sort of a 50s James dean American movie sort of thing... two posturing vehicles and owners and one asks if theother wants to drag for pink slips...

jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1
Pashina12
9 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Challenging 300s to a drag for pink slips.

jeff

Or passing the latest Porsches on a flat, straight section of the Autobahn... in a 1964 Benz. :D

Or going down a mile-long hill on roller blades, or in a shopping buggy...

Edited by Pashina12
  • Densha pinned this topic

WHAT!!! 

Yes, it's not moving and so, but please grab my 4000 yen and I will fix it myself!

On 5/5/2018 at 1:08 PM, Pashina12 said:

Or passing the latest Porsches on a flat, straight section of the Autobahn... in a 1964 Benz. 😄

I find the latest generation of hatchbacks with a "premium" badge do not like it when a 1991 Benz leaves them standing. They see the age and miss the "300E" badge...

Have we had this frankly bonkers price yet? It's been circulating for about two years now and they don't seem interested in dropping to sane levels in order to make a sale:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.de%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122430091964

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

I find the latest generation of hatchbacks with a "premium" badge do not like it when a 1991 Benz leaves them standing. They see the age and miss the "300E" badge...

Have we had this frankly bonkers price yet? It's been circulating for about two years now and they don't seem interested in dropping to sane levels in order to make a sale:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.de%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122430091964

It's a bigger buyer/reseller - I guess they have enough storage space to be able not to worry about having things just lie around. I wouldn't wonder if they just priced it like the german models they sell without doing specific research or made it more expensive because "it's not european so it must be rare".

Edited by Gryphr
10 minutes ago, Gryphr said:

It's a bigger buyer/reseller - I guess they have enough storage space to be able not to worry about having things just lie around. I wouldn't wonder if they just priced it like the german models they sell without doing specific research or made it more expensive because "it's not european so it must be rare".

That and / or for Germany based buyers, it allready includes overseas shipping and customs.

Also the seller should have already paid such fees and costs.

But I don't know what that item goes for curre tly. So please excuse some ignorance on my part.

Edited by Waisneed

Last time the tooling was used (2014 or so I think?) a powered 3 car 165 Series set you back a little less than half that. Which had a newer motor and directional lighting as standard. SaRo and SaHaShi cars were around £15 including P&P from Japan. Kato have since retooled the 165 Series as this tooling dates from the late 70s. So they're asking new item money for a motley collection of used items which lacks another KuMoHa 165 to form a coherent train. I think at least the SaRo and SaHaShi might even be 153 Series rather than 165. I could use all of it but not at that price. Try reducing it by 2/3rds and it'd be more sensible.

• Thanks 1
Fenway Park

Surely the description does not match the photo. The 157 series is red and cream used on the Izu peninsula and sometimes the Imperial car was included as the line linked Tokyo to the Emperor’s holiday retreat.

We never ran the 157 series on Tony McDiarmid’s Shin Izu layout as they had been replaced prior to the time scale of the layout. 

Agreed price ice seems high for an old 165/153 series EMU. 

Malcolm

58 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

Just had an email from eBay saying get this now coz it’s been reduced by £17!

are they having a laugh or what?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122973218824

not surprising he can t sell it.

Makes me very angry when people try to take advantage.

Especially when they pay that much, and get this dinky little box...  n-scale buildings are not large (I just got a bunch, including that one or one very similar to it)...  £77 is well over $100 for something that amazon.co.jp has listed (in a newer version in pre-order) for about $20 plus shipping.  And I assume Hobby Search and AmiAmi and the others have the new version in pre-order for a similar amount. 

In this guys defense, this particular item is an older one that all the stores are sold out of and the scalpers in the Marketplace on Amazon.co.jp want over $50 for.   But the same building updated in new colors under $20.   Rip off unless you NEED this exact one.

9 minutes ago, katoftw said:

And it is currently up pre-order for a 5th of the price?

Is that on a second release up for pre-order?

4 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Dunno about 2nd release.  Just saw the poster recently.

Well the Taiwan stuff shipped a month or two ago after an earlier pre-order / sell-out phase.   Several members here posted theirs.  Made a lot of us have reverse buyers remorse.

The ones on eBay are ridiculously expensive but are a double set so probably only like 3x the price 🙄