Crazy Auctions / Prices Thread

cteno4

5 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Now this is worth it for the expat LAers getting homesick!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BAG-OF-AIR-FROM-LOS-ANGELES-FRESH/282899189155?hash=item41de1b0da3:g:AYoAAOSwUWBat2Le

being from norther ca (the other state) LA is of course the butt if all jokes for air by us, but I do have to say it’s improved so much in my lifetime!

jeff

Of course the seller would be from the Valley. Always expect the unexpected when up there! 

Hard to believe it merits a whole $5 for shipping. They definitely have a head full of hot air :toothy12:.

Edited by TSK1000

I think that’s about the minimum to ship a box of air priority air and you would want pritority to keep it from going stale. We want fresh la air!

jeff

27 minutes ago, chadbag said:

So I just got an email form eBay about a price reduction in an item I had looked at:

"

Save $560.34 for a limited time!

You viewed at $1,021.60. It was just discounted to $461.26.

"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOMYTEC-TOMIX-98918-Limtied-JR-Kiha-Type-183-Limited-Express-Diesel-Car-/232713274777?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

I got the same one!  The seller must think there's a lot of interest from everyone checking it out due to this thread.  :grin

• Haha 1

Yup, it's a custom job, featured in RM Models magazine 2014-09. Evidently someone wants it enough, starting price was 50000 yen.

2 hours ago, Suica said:

And the moment you buy it it gets announced by Kato. :toothy9:

Are we implying that Kato hasn't announced the Seven Stars in Kyushu yet?

Man, that train would have been a steal at 203,000 yen, considering it went up to 321,000 Yen before the auction ended!

railsquid

You haven't lived until you've seen a 113 series hurtling along the Tohoku Shinkansen coupled with a 200 series.