Please help me find Kato part Z04-4560

sunbeam

Hi guys,

I need Kato part Z04-4560 for a recent Kato 787 Ebay win. The set is perfect other than this missing set of parts.

Modeltrainplus says it is out of stock with Kato, so I don't really know how to proceed from here. Models Imon seem to have it listed as in stock, and through Google translate, I 'think' I've asked them how to buy it, but can't be sure??

Is there anybody here that can hold my hand, and help me talk to a Japanese shop or help me find a set? 

Many thanks for any help.

Rob.

Edited by sunbeam

Rob,

Might talk to Nariichi San as he was doing a personal shopper service in the past (he may be too busy now with the shop) to order stuff from Japanese shops that don't ship overseas (most don't nor do much if any English, so you need an intermediary usually).

Also try running the site thru Google or Bing translate to see if there is any info on overseas ordering there.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

Sorry, I don't know who Nariichi San is, or how to contact him?

The google translate only goes so far, it gets too much for me and I can't follow to payment, even if they can take a payment from me?

Pity Modeltrainplus can't get it for me, they have been fantastic for me so far.

Edited by sunbeam

Nariichi is the owner of model train plus! Did you tell him you found it at another shop?

Usually I look at the about us or shipping or ordering info pages to see if they mention payment methods and international shipping with a translate app. they rarely work on checkout.

Jeff

Ahh right !!!

Now the dots are joining up :-)

I've been addressing him as Nariichi Takayama during our emails.

I've actually just sent him an email with a link to the shop I found the part I need. I asked him if he could get it for me and I'd make up a much larger order from him for his trouble.

Fingers crossed :-)

Edited by sunbeam

He use to have it as a flat fee and percentage (small things would not pay as percentage alone) for his trouble and you paid cost to ship to him then him to you. Was very worth it for those bits there was no other way to get them really. I know he was getting very busy with the physical shop stuff so less of that stuff.

Jeff

railsquid

If you'd posted that a couple of hours earlier I could have got one in Akihabara last night... If Nariichi-san is too busy, and you can wait a week or two, I might be able to help...

That is fantastically helpful railsquid, thank you very much :-)

Nariichi-san has returned my email saying he will look into buying the set I pointed him to for a fee. If he finds he can't get it for any reason, I'll get back to you if I may.

Thank you,

Rob.