What did you order or the post deliver? (Other hobbies)

Yugamu Tsuki

I'm almost tempted at looking into some of the other volumes of it. I figured if I start drawing the tanks it would be super helpful.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Yugamu Tsuki said:

I'm almost tempted at looking into some of the other volumes of it. I figured if I start drawing the tanks it would be super helpful.

I have volumes 2 and 3.  There's a lot of duplicated material in each one — they all cover the basics from early in the show.  I started with 2, since it pretty well covered everything in 1 as well.  Then 3 added more from Der Film.

• Thanks 1
ATShinkansen

A major part of my newfound interest in Vocaloid has included purchasing the studio software and one of the voicebanks (I got Megurine Luka).  However, as the software is an intangible item, I got a couple of Luka figures to add to my collection.  I got the Nendoroid one specifically for Tako Luka.  The other Crypton Vocaloid figures are on order, as well.

IMG_8237.thumb.jpeg.97ec27e7a2dcc698b2dd6f71def2d149.jpeg

As far as the software itself, I’m only on YouTube tutorial video 17 of 92, so I haven’t even touched the voicebank itself yet!  Once I’ve played around with this voicebank, and decided this is something I could really get into, I’d also like to get the other ones.

• Like 2
Yugamu Tsuki

A few years ago (actually probably more than a decade) I was looking into getting one of the software versions (Meiko) but never pulled the trigger. I look forward to what you can make of it. (I am also enjoying the panel lining on your gunpla).

• Like 1
ATShinkansen

We definitely need more Meiko (and Kaito) songs out there.  I especially like the songs where all six of the Crypton Vocaloids are singing together.

(And thanks on the Gunpla!  I guess I ought to post my whole collection somewhere on here!)

Package just came in from Buyee.  Some railroad stuff, but this is primarily a clothing shopping haul.

Festival garb for taiko drummers is based on Meiji period workers' garb (thanks to Toshiro Mifune's inspriational performance in Rickshaw Man), and therefor quite suitable for a steampunk airship pirate.  Also suitable garb for Japan Festival Boston, local kimono picnics, parties, and whatnot (under-dressed, but still suitably festive as kimono is not a great look on my Amazon body.  Austrian dirndl, yes...)

Ordered through Buyee from Sumitaya festival shop.  They had very helpful sizing guides.  The happi coat came in a variety of lengths, but alas only one width and it does not close over very well on me, drat.  It will probably go to Roxanne or a friend of ours who organises many of the kimono parties.  Everything else fits great — haragake worker's apron, both short and long momohiki pants, plus a lovely festival pouch, sanada cloth obi, and the fun sashiko print towel fabric for a dashing aviator's scarf.  Also tossed in a happi coat-hanger and a happi raincoat to still look festive when it rains at the festival (as it often does at the Watch City Steampunk Festival for instance).

Prints I've seen of Meiji workers in action show the coats worn fairly open to provide access to the apron pocket, but this happi clearly does not fit well.  Plan B, make one; or Plan C go back to the shop with a custom order.

Sumitaya has a Youtube channel with lots of vids on choosing and wearing festival garb.  The how to put on momohiki was essential watching to get into these things!

Since I was ordering through Buyee, also grabbed a few things from YAJ.  A Sailor Mars transformation wand to go with a steampunk Sailor Mars outfit that is also in the works.  And a stack of 'City Trees' for the layout; there are lots of these trees throughout Mito, will just need to add some flocking to them.

HappiShortMomohiki.jpg

HappiLongMomohiki.jpg

HappiRaincoat.jpg

SailorMars_CityTrees.jpg

Edited by Cat
  • Like 2
ATShinkansen

I found this puzzle online a few weeks ago, and as one with a particular interest in sushi, I thought it would be really useful to learn the different cuts of tuna.  I panel-lined the hiragana to make it easier to read.

IMG_8261.thumb.jpeg.2afdc0b1af007c917e3129d0d8061843.jpeg

IMG_8260.thumb.jpeg.819f9afe9ffe33569b68120469c6ca6c.jpeg

It also goes well with my recent Nendoroid Luka figure (well-known for being a tuna-lover)!

IMG_8259.thumb.jpeg.5bded87b3f660ca478e052f15cf87968.jpeg

And speaking of which, they’re all here now!

IMG_8258.thumb.jpeg.97cb5436827eac708b365f3b26a50d20.jpeg

Edited by ATShinkansen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am a big fan of the JDM car tuning scene and I am also a big fan of Japanese technology for automobiles but anything to make me feel that I'm still in Japan (even though I'm not at this time).  These are "safety radars" and they all go off Japanese satellites, thus Japanese time and metric system.

YUPITERU SUPER CAT: Better customization, you can choose the female Japanese voice in a variety of pitches and also an British woman's voice.  I use a sexy woman's voice 🙂  But with OBDII and or cigarette adapter, you get good customization.  Top dog in the field but they charge a yearly fee for updates and charge extra for maps (Japan). 

BLITZ TOUCH-LASER: Blitz is continuing where Comtec left off before the company left the safety radar industry.  Providing the best safety radar with the least false alarms.  Great for those who want it silent but works when it needs to be working.  Free updates.  Japanese voice when you brake, accelerate or go on a curve.

CELLSTAR ASSURA:  CELLSTAR is know for picking up everything.  And I can attest to that.  Go by a bank, go by a mall, it'll pick it up.  If you don't like noisy safety radars, then avoid.  But outside of Japan, these work the best.  Great if you want to see all the Japanese CG.

53060517226_a8b0a71fba_b.thumb.jpg.4a51113793afb712013bbd287129fcd4.jpg

53060905750_4610ed73ee_b.thumb.jpg.4ac5f2402db59407b74f7fd92a00002b.jpg

53080375740_d7726d5d7e_b.thumb.jpg.3e180f7a66e42494c6de39769fe847dc.jpg

53041692402_569deb5b8a_b.thumb.jpg.cd23da05d59481b11a39124fc5fac43f.jpg

53054870851_b61db3f295_b.thumb.jpg.adf4d55f52b2d8c65576c94b4a0f039f.jpg

Edited by kndy

Ordered a few stickers:

A Japanese drive recorder sticker, Tokyo sticker....  Upper right...Yomiuri Giants 🙂

53069686391_569674b6d7_z.thumb.jpg.696e3969c8cea75a5ce54ee1ba9bfc7d.jpg

I also wanted to add a third drive recorder for my vehicle that focused from the rear towards the front.  I decided to try two out...

53075128621_2ec8204f4e_b.thumb.jpg.33da96330d5732db9f1b34484cf6c0bf.jpg

53075745493_145a1260b2_b.thumb.jpg.f372c615158b56b436f0d2b0dec4a768.jpg

Edited by kndy

Another hobby of mine that’s been taking away from my train funds. I recently got a new set of Mizuno clubs and they released some custom putter covers and I had to have one. It’s a work of art. 

IMG_8197.jpeg

IMG_8196.jpeg

IMG_8194.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Yugamu Tsuki

Just got an XBox S series. Absolutely not for Starfield, not at all. There seems to be a few Rails games I'm looking into, Train Life and Train Sim World.

lighthouse

Pictures and art collections also apply here?

My wife made me a present with a copy of Casper David Friedrichs "Kreidefelsen auf Rügen" last year. Now, after months, I received the picture back from a small shop with a wooden frame and glazing. Finally I can hang this beautiful painting from my old home in the living room.

DSC_0076.thumb.jpg.c2a91a6fad385b4f792e4a06726d8a09.jpg

• Like 4
On 3/21/2024 at 9:37 PM, lighthouse said:

Pictures and art collections also apply here?

My wife made me a present with a copy of Casper David Friedrichs "Kreidefelsen auf Rügen" last year. Now, after months, I received the picture back from a small shop with a wooden frame and glazing. Finally I can hang this beautiful painting from my old home in the living room.

DSC_0076.thumb.jpg.c2a91a6fad385b4f792e4a06726d8a09.jpg

It's such an iconic piece of art 👍🏻

• Like 1