What did you order or the post deliver? (Other hobbies)

21 hours ago, IST said:

Ordered on last Friday (at the evening), arrived on this Monday morning: Tetsuomo magazines with a Densha De Go card and a board game. I'm impressed by DHL.

IMG_1444s.thumb.jpg.9506afc69c9643f167fa8d157116ad5e.jpg

Where did you get a Densha De GO Card and Board game from? ^_^ 

2 hours ago, TimWay4 said:

Where did you get a Densha De GO Card and Board game from? ^_^ 

Both of them are supplements of Tetsuomo magazines:

DDG card: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07NR8Q96J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Board game: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07KZGKX7Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The board game is for kids, but for a railway fan it is cool to play. Simple, but cool.

fpav_2125

Some stuff I bought in two websites from my country. 

IMG_20190508_163239.jpg

IMG_20190508_163123.jpg

IMG_20190508_163857_800.jpg

Now I bought some stuff from Amazon, that is for the next time.

Edited by fpav_2125
  • Like 2
gavino200
1 hour ago, fpav_2125 said:

Some stuff I bought in two websites from my country. 

IMG_20190508_163123.jpg

Now I bought some stuff from Amazon, that is for the next time.

Me gusta!

• Like 1

Some shipments arrived or delivered to local carrier last saturday and today.

From local seller and Amazon Japan. 

IMG_20190601_114104.thumb.jpg.64ddc14ad8a7d59d2e82687862eda5da.jpgIMG_20190604_135902.thumb.jpg.b2e3bc5b4a560cd194ce3ea8afa9a196.jpg

DHL shipping speed is amazing (from May 30th until today) No extra cost or local taxes. 

Edited by fpav_2125
  • Like 1
  • cteno4 pinned this topic

Saw a good deal on getting all three in a bundle (one more or less free). These rulers have tiny slots cut in the a t the measurement lines so you can put a mechanical pencil in them to draw a perfect mark right on the measurement line. Also small holes at measurement lines on the t square so you can drag the t square along with a pencil in the hole draw a parallel cut line along a board. 

I had a little 6” one do the incra T square to do small bits and it’s reall nice just put the mechanical pencil in the slot and nice mark! No worries if the wood grain moves the tip some with marking at the edge and also easier for my eyes to get to the right mark as I can just count over with the pencil tip from a major mark. Trying to stop using tape measures after a spectacular fail of an expensive one last year being 1/16” off.

jeff

6B968EDF-24C3-4597-8935-891F75C572CD.jpeg

• Like 1

So I got to use these this week in the shop some. It really is neat to not have to pay attention the pencil mark is nice and on the mark and straight. Just find the right slot and quick line thru. Still use the ruler with the adjustable stop to do multiple marks the same, but for first or individual marks it really is sweet. The angle/corner ruler is great as you just slap it on the corner of the wood and easy to flush the end and Mark right on the edge.

jeff

From Muv-Luv I found two figures that I never thought I'd get: the Volks Tsukuyomi Mana and Hayase Mitsuki from the age Ultimate Characters series. Even though they're just fixed pose figures for the longest time they sold for a lot and were next to impossible to find. If only some of the A3 figures of the TSFs from the game were a little less expensive...

mitsukimana.thumb.jpg.a115a8685e00cbd7844313bc446711d2.jpg

• Like 3

Couldn’t resist these couple of clearance items from a local hobby shop. My oldest son (age 5) spotted them and at ¥1800 each we were both quite taken with them. He’s a big Shinkalion fan and I’m not adverse to Japanese mechas.

He’s a little bit disappointed that they don’t transform like his plarail versions but they are a pretty well made, prepainted kit. It looks very similar to a Gun-pla type kit but with the train livery and other parts already painted.

It also looks like the sprue joins don’t meet any of the painted sections so very nicely thought out. There are some included stickers for windows and such and I’m not sure how well these a cut to fit precisely into the window recesses. It may require some painting should they not be accurate and the whole model looks like it’ll need some panel lining. 

947720F0-8AF0-4A35-BF5F-87003997C1CA.jpeg

D588C195-335C-4B8E-845D-D915792B487B.jpeg

• Like 3
Martijn Meerts

So, with work being very busy and me having little time, I needed something to do which I can easily pick up, preferably with no additional tools needed and where progress can be booked even when you only have 15-30 minutes to work on ... So, 1 thing came to mind immediately, and it's something I've been wanting to do again for the longest time...

https://www.lego.com/en-nl/product/rough-terrain-crane-42082

Got delivered yesterday (bought it at a 40% discount, so great value), wanted to give it a quick start, ended up spending too much time on it, and probably messed it up already because towards the end of step 1, I was missing a piece, but had 1 too many of a very similar piece o.O

Also, my fingertips hurt like hell now, I forgot about that part 😄

Martijn Meerts

It's a bit bigger than I thought it would be actually.. I mean, it says the boom fully extended and raised is about 1 meter tall, but that doesn't really tell you much until you actually see it 😉

The disadvantage of Lego though, is that you always end up just wanting more of it. But the nice thing is, these days you can buy / download instructions made by other people to make alternate models using only bricks in a specific set. There's also a conversion manual to turn this crane into a remote controlled version.

And of course, there's the Lego GBC 😄

Martijn Meerts
On 11/18/2019 at 2:40 PM, Martijn Meerts said:

The disadvantage of Lego though, is that you always end up just wanting more of it.

Well, I have proven this statement is true.. With the recent black Friday thing, I noticed a sale on several Lego sets. Ended up buying the Lego Technic Bugatti Chiron (for half price), as well as the relative new Lego Technic Liebherr R9800 excavator set (for about 40% off)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
kevsmiththai

For years now I have had a Heng Long 1/24th scale RC Leoprad tank that our Brooklyn always wants to play with when he has a sleepover. So I told Ang that his main Chrstmas present should be a tank of his own. We gor him the Japanese T90 battle tank but sadly the eagerly anticipated tank battle between it and my old 24th scale Leopard tank didn't happen. As he was finding his way around the controls I discovered that the battery connection and battery pack had corroded on my tank whilst it was stored in the loft.

So found myself looking on the internet to replace it until I can rewire the battery compartment and ended up falling for this

large.IMG_1833crop.jpg.47de5c76bb20f57b874fc93a8f09ed29.jpg

Heng Long 1/16th M1A2 Abrams. RC, smoke, sound, gun fires 6mm BB pellets about 25 metres. machine gun sounds and flash.tank recoils when main gun is fired. great fun though it is a big beast. Picked it up in the Boxing day sale for just over £100.

Currently glazing the periscopes and the infra red target selector.

Battle commences on our front lawn on Saturday, weather permitting!

Kev

• Like 4
kevsmiththai

Thanks Jeff

Come daylight tomorrow I'll do a pic of the two Z scale ones I have sat on a flatcar in front of it for the ultimate size comparison pic

Kev

• Haha 2

You could create quite a commotion driving that down the sidewalk and popping some bbs off at folks! Most likely wind up in the clinker!

love to see a video of it in action! 

jeff

Our family likes the "Ticket to Ride" games.  We have the Europe, Märklin, Nordic, and India versions and got the Netherlands from my sister's family at Christmas.   I ordered the Africa and 15th Anniversary version of the original (US) game and they are arriving today and tomorrow.

Africa should be interesting.

We've played one game with the Netherlands, which I won 🙂

• Like 2

A friend of mine in the USA sent me the Blu-Ray of Kemono Friends. A series not released in the UK. Once I managed to get our player to accept and play the discs. My kids really liked it. 

Managed to get this set of 6 mini figures. Taken sitting in the works van.

20200123_143753.thumb.jpg.d0ad9b619e1a76dc2a30b2beb4790e78.jpg

• Like 5

So, I have a nasty habit of taking on projects possibly without doing all of my research...or without doing a preliminary test to make sure said project is going to work.

So this box showed up in the mail today:

0221201706.jpg

I wonder what it could be...

Surprise, it's eleven, identical, broken Chromebooks!

0221201726.jpg

Now, what would I do with eleven broken Chromebooks? Well, the plan is to harvest the screens from them to use in a project, but I had to at least see if any booted up.

Turns out that two of them boot, but one has a *really* bad screen and the other one just has a rough case.

I have since taken apart one for it's screen to see if it's what I could use.

Surprise, I might not be able to use these screens after all, but I might as well try. It's going to mean a bit more work then I had initially intended, but oh well, so be it.

That said, the motherboard is super small and the battery packs are nothing like I've ever seen before.

0221201924.jpg

0221201924a.jpg

0221201937.jpg

0221201937a.jpg

I have also now taken the one with the damaged screen and removed the internals from it's rather rough case, put them into a better case, and put a screen from a different Chromebook into it so now it works.

Screen testing:

0221202112.jpg

And because of it missing one of the letters on the back, it's now a knock-off!

May I present, the Amsung!

0221202229.jpg

WHY DID EVERYTHING BUT THE JOKE EMBED SIDEWAYS

This displeases me

Edited by GDorsett
  • Like 5