What did you order or the post deliver? (Other hobbies)

Hey it's a living doing art! Yeah he said it took him an hour or so to retrain his brain to think like he was drawing with a pencil on paper not the old way of a computer screen. Still not the physical feedback of pen/pencil on the paper but much closer! Speed, erasing and variety of tips/effects is way fast and cool!

I can see how it would require a rather unique workstation to holdmthat sized pad just right. Can your hand touch the screen at all or does that effect the stylus input?

Have fun! Ok we will just look for the material gains in your trains then! Maybe you will be stimulated with this to do some fun train art you can display!

Jeff

It's a very versatile machine. However, I had to make a new working space for it. I specifically wanted a pen-only tablet, but a multi-touch tablet was also welcome. Due to sheer luck I stumbled across this one. As I'm already working on a tablet for many years, getting used to this one didn't take very long. It feels more like a return to traditional media with the benefits of the digital (speed, no material costs, no archive that builds up, no trash, easy to delete and edit files, etc.). As my working methods were already optimised for digital operation (even before going 100% digital), it's a breeze to use :)

Luckily my younger one will probably never have to struggle with a separate pen tablet, as he already was quite proficiently drawing his Pokémon:

IMG_20170611_094228.jpg

For puritans: in daycare he makes his hands dirty with remnants of the 20th century :P

• Like 7

For puritans: in daycare he makes his hands dirty with remnants of the 20th century :P

Doing both is good!

Jeff

Drunkenclam

Finally after over 2 years looking, I had a Densha de Go!2 modded desktop/pachinko cel unit delivered, So I can use the parts to fix my pachinko machine.

Another weekend job :D

post-3115-0-48229900-1499103138_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I did some online shopping and bought a new set of replacement truck wheels for my pickup. Aside from that, I got myself a Taiko no Tatsujin game and drum controller. It's in Japanese but I think I can manage it since I used to play it in Sega game center. 

In the last 2 weeks we were in England and a little bit of Wales (narrowboating as complete beginners, on Llangollen Canal...), so I bought myself some manga (All You Need is Kill, Sword Art Online Progressive Vol 1, Ghost in the Shell Deluxe Edition) and some software for my Nintendo 3DS (Inazuma Eleven Go, Dead or Alive, Dr Kawashima's Brain Training).

Sword Art Online board game (I would say a dice game). It was originally a Kickstarter project which was successful, but take a little bit longer time to got the pack. And it is not so good. :-(

sao_01.thumb.jpg.4c49f3de54c06ebb167235351d8f36e7.jpg    sao_02.thumb.jpg.4ee18d773fee9bdae47d5466a6e6a4b8.jpg

• Like 3
5 hours ago, IST said:

Sword Art Online board game (I would say a dice game). It was originally a Kickstarter project which was successful, but take a little bit longer time to got the pack. And it is not so good. :-(

Interesting, I hadn't heard about this being made.  Sorry to hear that the game play isn't as good as you hoped. 

15 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Interesting, I hadn't heard about this being made.  Sorry to hear that the game play isn't as good as you hoped. 

It happens sometimes. Yesterday I bought the Fallout Board Game, I started to become familiar with the rules. It is way more difficult than the SAO game.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:13 AM, IST said:

It happens sometimes. Yesterday I bought the Fallout Board Game, I started to become familiar with the rules. It is way more difficult than the SAO game.

Fallout board game sounds interesting. I ordered the Attack on Titan board game I hope it arrives soon.

I got the Steel Battalion Controller some months ago, the thing is huge but fun.

battalion2.jpg

• Like 3
11 hours ago, nxcale said:

Fallout board game sounds interesting. I ordered the Attack on Titan board game I hope it arrives soon.

I got the Steel Battalion Controller some months ago, the thing is huge but fun.

Oh, wow, this is really huge. Lot of buttons, 2 joysticks, throttle, I like it! :grin

I got some new wheels, tires and a custom made fibreglass VW Beetle body for my 1/10 scale RC crawler. Just doing some body work on it at the moment.

5a3c51c108427_IMG_7763(1).thumb.jpg.aba4d09ce8d321f2e2f0c50b33bf4b71.jpg

Cheers eh,

Todd

Edited by tossedman
Can't spell...
  • Like 5
On 12/13/2017 at 7:10 AM, nxcale said:

battalion2.jpg

A few years after this came out here in the states I saw one on sale new for $75...and passed on it. Needless to say, much regret. 

5 hours ago, nah00 said:

A few years after this came out here in the states I saw one on sale new for $75...and passed on it. Needless to say, much regret. 

Yes, this is one of those items that year after year becomes more and more expensive.

Managed to pick up a used  Vintage Pentacon 135mm F2.8 prime manual lens for my camera around 2 days ago ( in light of the need for a cheap tele lens solution ) . Apparently made in the old East Germany , dunno when it is produced as on further research theres no  built date on the serial number. Would be interested to know though 

unxnBmX6mBcjumvpj4UM-CamwWJT6p8K4sBDjI4-

Works great so far!  took it out on a train spotting trip today and was amazed by the results!  No regrets on buying this lens

INKA-Bombadier Soekarno-Hatta ARS EMU (TS6 : K1 1 17 37) ;Test Run (551-552);Near Soekarno-Hatta International Airport

Tokyo Metro 6000 ( 6020) ;RedLine;Duren Kalibata

Edited by fadhhz
adding more info
  • Like 7

Wow, really nice photos for using an old manual lens! Did you use a tripod?

Also, a big no no at those people crossing the open tracks in the first shot. :nono:

• Like 1

Welp... not wanna post any pics of it but I can say that I made my first 40.000¥ investment into my Airsoft hobby... (send help)

• Like 3

Understand... modding NERF blasters  is my 3rd hobby but I notice I lately feel strangely attracted by cool parts for airsoft (scopes, bipod etc.). So, cannot even help myself. :D

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, medusa said:

Understand... modding NERF blasters  is my 3rd hobby but I notice I lately feel strangely attracted by cool parts for airsoft (scopes, bipod etc.). So, cannot even help myself. :D

Well I wont mind posting it... just not wanna really associate the forum with a bit of the more extreme "looking" hobbies... but yeah I get that haha

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Suica said:

Wow, really nice photos for using an old manual lens! Did you use a tripod?

Also, a big no no at those people crossing the open tracks in the first shot. :nono:

Nope, those were handheld shots.was carrying a small camera bag at the time so my tripod wont fit . And yeah, those peeps sure are taking the risks by playing around in the tracks. 

Edited by fadhhz
adding more info
  • Like 1

Well the woodworking show came to Baltimore (same cow palace at the fairgrounds the model train show is at 4 times a year!).

broke down and got a double miter sled that can lock into one full miter sled. Hey it was $80 off at the show! Yah that’s the ticket! Also a few little jigs... fun to see some very cool pieces of equipment that I’d never buy but get to see!

jeff