Impressions from japanese freight yards

EH500 (12)

Some really nice photos of the EH500 and EH800, which are my (and perhaps your?) favorite JRF locos.  Thanks!

It's a pity that the EF510-508 photo wasn't more clear, but if the weather won't cooperate there's nothing you can do.

EH500 (12)

Some really nice photos of the EH500 and EH800, which are my (and perhaps your?) favorite JRF locos.  Thanks!

It's a pity that the EF510-508 photo wasn't more clear, but if the weather won't cooperate there's nothing you can do.

Yeah, the EH500 is indeed my favorite loco, closely followed by the EF66.

Sadly the EF510-508 disappeared before I could get closer.

Very nice EH500, thank you for the photos.  What did you think of Aomori overall?  A friend of mine is originally from the city, I'd like to visit there and Hirosaki when I get back to Japan.

JR 500系

Oh... very nice! Thank you so much for sharing your photos!

Though i'm not a big fan of freights, these photos so look really nice ~

westfalen

Good shots.  All of those places may be on my itinerary in september, especially the first as we will be staying three nights at the Mets Hotel at Tabata.

EH500 (12)

Good shots.  All of those places may be on my itinerary in september, especially the first as we will be staying three nights at the Mets Hotel at Tabata.

Thanks.You should really include enough time for Aomori and Goryokaku in your itinerary. Both freight yards have a big depot close to the freight yard. In Aomori there were lots of EH500s and 800s and in Goryokaku I saw lots of DF200s but I didnt have the time to visit the depots.

Very nice EH500, thank you for the photos.  What did you think of Aomori overall?  A friend of mine is originally from the city, I'd like to visit there and Hirosaki when I get back to Japan.

I didnt see much of Aomori as I was only there for two days and spent most of my time at the freight yards of Higashi-Aomori and Goryokaku so I cant really give an opinion on Aomori, sorry.

Not really a freight yard, but I was also at Omiya and spotted lots of trains there too.

BFVQJmg.jpg

82oz1Cf.jpg

BaEDJYF.jpg

eW9sydQ.jpg

fv2rX3y.jpg

ViBTSjo.jpg

5zmyz1O.jpg

kprRVkC.jpg

westfalen

Thanks.You should really include enough time for Aomori and Goryokaku in your itinerary. Both freight yards have a big depot close to the freight yard. In Aomori there were lots of EH500s and 800s and in Goryokaku I saw lots of DF200s but I didnt have the time to visit the depots.

I didnt see much of Aomori as I was only there for two days and spent most of my time at the freight yards of Higashi-Aomori and Goryokaku so I cant really give an opinion on Aomori, sorry.

With the rather infrequent service (by Japanese standards) on the Hokkaido Shinkansen it may have to be either one or the other but the diesel/electric change over at Goryokaku might be worth a stopover.  Will have to study the freight timetable to see if it would be worthwhile.