Facebook & Twitter login method support stopped Read more... ×
railsquid

Indoctrinating children

cteno4

Great lifetime memories for the lads! Good on ya to do this Mark.

jeff

tossedman

Noah's going to try to indoctrinate his whole school with a T-Trak club.

• Thanks 1

cteno4

Way coo club to start! I’ve seen some Boy And Cub Scout troops do Ttrak. Also one Japanese school in the us did a set. We talked with our local Japanese school about doing something like that there so the kids could have a bit of trains and Japan while here in dc. Need to get the time to set it up to do sometime. 1x Modules are like $2.50 in materials for the base and the. Like $6 for track, then it’s building and scenery. Hope Ing the school coup put in like $25 per kid to do a module. School could keep the modules and build a little layout over the years. Hope to do this here someday.

jeff

lighthouse

Not a child but my girlfriend playing with the trains when I was in the shower.IMG_20181021_135705.thumb.jpg.2e0b463a22ebbb43f158a8f09b13ff7e.jpg

• Haha 2

ConnieCommie

My 4-year-old brother has quite the wooden train collection, mostly my old stuff.

Once he's a little older and can understand not touching... it's model time.

Welshbloke

Anyone living in a country with Tiger/Flying Tiger shops, some of them currently have wooden trains. Magnetic couplers and standard track gauge, although they don't sell track. Good source of individual vehicles, couldn't resist a milk tanker and log wagon at £2 each. They also offer a steam loco, what I interpreted as a coach and a box van with fruit printed on the side, there may be others. Also a wooden bridge (solid upward-bowed block with arches painted on) which unfortunately lacks the grooves or the joints to be useful with wooden track, pity as it was a pleasing shape and well painted.

railsquid

Pantograph installation complete.

squidelet-2018-11-17.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

martin67

Hi,

I usually let children do the job which I should do, operate my layout on exhibitions. Gives me more free time :cheesy

24860424gq.jpg

Btw., Railsquid, I also had the idea of overhead power supply for my daughter, but didn't like the catenary in the living room so much.....

Martin

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

cteno4

Thanksgiving with the 6yr old grand nephew. He loves the trains. He’s getting good at getting them on the tracks (and getting them off as well while running).

cheers

jeff

D1BA28DA-5836-4B9E-8602-3E15970C6064.jpeg

3F70420B-3678-40F8-85E5-38C6C1AB1B9D.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

JR 500系

Great job 'training' the nephew! A promising train engineer indeed! 

Love that ship wheel in the background! 

• Like 1

cteno4

Thanks he’s hooked! Now wants LEGO trains, god thing both his parents are google engineers to pay for them!

that’s the ships wheel from my dad’s old research ship I grew up on. Built in 1928 as a luxury yacht for the silent movie star Constance Bennett. Whenshe was mothballed for a while by the government dad was able to replace the old wooden wheel with a metal one. When navy brought it back out for service again and rehired dad he asked if they wanted the original wooden one on there the navy said do they wanted the new metal one he had replaced it with. Was our eating table (glass covered) for like 35 years.

jeff