Layout design help needed

bc6

I find myself in a very strange situation, Ive got a ton of Kato Unitrack but not on layout idea well maybe just one lol. So I have a Kato V11 set which is a Double Track set and I also have a Oval Viaduct set. I recently picked up a gradual incline pier set so I could bring the Viaduct set back to earth as it was only one height up no down.

My ideal layout would be for Passenger and Freight service, Id say 50-50 between the two of them. Id like an up & over type of trackplan. I think Ive checked out every website on the internet looking for a suitable layout but so far nothing. Did I mention Im trying to squeeze this into a 4x8 area 4x2 would be better.

If you could point me towards some online places that have interesting trackplans I would be very happy.

serenityFan

I find myself in a very strange situation, Ive got a ton of Kato Unitrack ...

Now I'm sure some of us (all of us? :grin) won't mind being in that situation ...

Another idea:

seeing that you have crawled the internet and seen dozens of layout, you can simply take parts that you like and start mashing them together with what you have in your mind. I suggest start with a sketch (pencil and paper is often faster than cad software in this stage), once you've got a general outline, upload it here and we'll help you cook up a layout that you are happy with ...    :wav:

Hey BC6,

Just dive in and have fun, you will eventually find what you are looking for.

My current layout is the 4th one in the making since I started with Kato Unitrack.

To plan a YOUR layout, you must ask yourself the following questions.

-Space, how much?

-Multi-levels or single level?

-End to end operation or loop operation?

-When you run trains, do you want them to have a purpose or you are fine seeing them going round and round?

-Passenger and/or Freight?