Kato Hobbycenter Layout Plan?

Kiha66

Does anyone know where I could find the plan for this layout?  I believe it was in the Kato Hobbycenter in Tokyo pre-remodel.  I was hoping to begin construction later this summer if I can find the plan for it.

Kato Hobbycenter layout 2

Kato Hobbycenter layout

It's still there. I don't have a plan but it should be fairly straightforward to recreate; I based my first temporary layout off it (I might have the Scarm plan I made for that, though it partially uses Tomix track).

I agree with squid.  Being Kato it should be too difficult to do the plan yourself.  The do have limited track pieces available.  And since this layout is seven or more years old.  That limits the track piece even more.

Thank you for the advice, I downloaded SCARM and now I'm having far to much fun coming up with layout concepts!

• Like 1

It looks like they only used the 282 and 315 curves, with one type of turnout and its matching curve. It's a single track folded dogbone with a two track signal station on top and a 2+1+2+2 track, 3 platform station on the lower level with the 2 bypass tracks going through the tunnel and having a freight spur. Looks to be early JNR for steam/diesel operation. It also allows quite long trains for its size. (2 waiting, 1 moving or 2+2 with dcc or block control)