Woodland Scenic Track/Rail Paint Pen

Yup on my river module. Definitely good albeit pricey. The tip gets pretty worn rubbing over the rail ties, but they come with 2 which are also able to be flipped and therefore 4 tips are available. I hand painted my rails on my station module and it took ages, but a few quick runs up and down with the pen worked a treat on my river module. I'm going to paint the ballast of the station module and go over the rails with the marker pen as I quite like the colour and effect it produced.

Edited by Eurostar25

I picked a set up on sale and played with a couple of pieces of unitrak and it looked decent. Was quick and easy! Airbrushing is really the way to get it super nice but A LOT of work.

I've also used it to hit some odd bits of tomytec building details to fill nicks or odd color choices on them. Also did it on a building roof to see if easier to make look a bit dirty, worked ok. washes are better for this as the dirt is usually more in the cracks and crevasses than on the surfaces the pen tip hits.

One of our club members was experimenting with hand laying track and did a long #12 point as a test complete with plates and all and airbrushed the rails and it came out awesome! But lots of work doe a small bit of rail!

Jeff