Akia, Plus Up, or ReaZJ track

Since I became interested in Japanese Z I have purchased a simple oval of the RealZJ roadbed track. It is similar to Micro Trains in design and infact you can join the two to-gether if you use the pins from the RealZJ track on the MTL piece you are joining too. I like the track and the overhead pieces for single and dual track. After initial testing and running  I have purchase enough for a double main line loop running around a 2 x 8 ft with overhead poles and it looks great. To bad we can not get the buildings and other accessories from PRo-Z yet to complete a layout. I have done the yard with switches in the Micro Trains road bed track and the main line in RealZJ track. It is virtually bullet proof and everything runs fine. Initially I had to do some fine tuning of the trucks on the RealZJ 485 but the Terranetz 485 ran fine as did the new Crown EF64. The Pro-Z runs fine on it as well. I saw the Pro-Z A+B modules at the Anaheim Show in Calfornia last year ans was not impressed with it due to the tight radius track and the fact that the 485's from RealZJ would not run on it. And the one demensional formed painted plastic of the base did not impress me. So for those of you that want an alternative I suggest you get some of this track and poles or go with Micro Trains track for your Japanese Z-scale adventures. We will be running our Japanese Z or ZJ on a layout at Hartford this coming weekend.

Wish we could get more stuff from Tokyo-Murai because so far my impression of RealZJ is pretty bad. :( As you can tell the RealZJ is still sore with me.I expect to be running my Pro-Z again this year at Rockville with the JRM.