T-trak from Kłobuck :)

Marcin

No worries just wanted to make sure you didn't get painted into a corner so to speak! What ever works best for you, it's your layout!

If you have a big bag of 5 or 6 cm bolts for other modules then no problem! Also simple to just cut custom length pieces of track to cover the little gaps between ttrak and fremo lenghts.

It's wild how those couple of trees and some wild ground cover going up the back fence really make those tomytec houses pop! Nice scene with the dead end road at the tracks and the houses. I love how quickly little scenes can come together with ttrak, I have to get back to doing them!

Cheers

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

Small progress :) I'm wait forv rest building ordering in DM Toys. Under the road I gave wire for Tomytec Bus, that why I will use also moving bus in future :)

post-1756-0-12175600-1460137877_thumb.jpg

post-1756-0-25427100-1460137891_thumb.jpg

post-1756-0-91828100-1460137903_thumb.jpg

post-1756-0-41808800-1460137918_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Marcin,

Cool want to do moving bus on ttrak like this. I fiddled with it and was able to get the faller bus to jump 2 modules in a test by just putting a small piece of clear tape to join the modules. Also tried a small bit of stryene in between and it worked but was going to take some fiddling to get it nice. The bumps with the filler piece a few times caused the magnet to loose track, but the tomytec busses have stronger magnets it seems. Tape was very clean jump. Test your wire carefully some of them don't track well with the bus steering magnets.

Cheers

Jeff

Hello Marcin, if you're planning on displaying your modules in public, I think it'd be nice to have the buildings in a street, facing the tracks/viewer, or in a street perpendicular to the tracks/viewer. Especially with these Tomytec buildings, it'd be a waste not to show the nicely detailed facades.

As with many Japanese cities and towns, don't be afraid to play a bit with the lines. Hardly any street is dead straight, nor runs quite parallel to another. That is, unless there has been traditional planning involved (which also doesn't necessarily mean straight streets to confuse enemies), or contemporary city planning (which also doesn't guarantee that either, to add some flair and/or because of landownership reasons).

Marcin,

The modules are looking great!

Yes I agree with Toni, don't be afraid to have the streets jog some now and then for no apparent reason. You see frontage streets that are at an angle to the tracks or even wander around a bit, probably because of drainage or change in track but it's not obvious what forced them not being square and parallel.

Also you can also mix up structures pretty well with old and new, even tall and short as Japan is famous for just about anything goes w.o a lot of city or two planning/zoning. You can have a 10 story new apartment building nearer the edge of town that may have a rr track right next to it and then a rice paddy on the other side! Watching YouTube videos of train trips in Japan can help to get an idea of this at times hodge podge right next to the tracks. Other places things will be uniform, so it's all over the place. Google street view is another way to see the variations and how streets will sometime just go off at an odd angle.

Bringing the scenes to the front is also a fun trick and hide the train for a bit. You can do this with a couple of S curve modules that flip the tracks to the back where you can then turn the modules around for a while. I think this is a great way to make a ttrak loop not feel like just an oval of track. Also makes the train look interesting snaking in and out of the scenes.

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~njouki/NewFiles/U85.html

Cheers,

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

Gentlemen, thank you for your answers. Streets try to do simple, because there have wires attached to Tomytec bus system . The buildings give such I have. When I buy new buildings to give them . The problem is the small amount of space on the modules . On the following modules I will try to do more lopsided

Simple trick is to make a street at a right angle to the tracks so both sides of the buildings on it will be visible. You may combine this with a crossing if you want or make a dead end street which is also common. This can be combined with your through street with two corner buildings.

Another trick is to move the street next to the tracks with two S curves or to make a building island with the main wire going straight at the back and buildings stacked back to back looking towards the two parallel streets.

On the other hand, i made a module where only the back sides look towards the tracks as in case of most private right of ways. Some older buildings have more interesting details there.

Naked, and not at all Japanese-like!

Most of the traffic lines I see in photos look so fresh, I think they must repaint them every month ;-)

I want buy lines from Tsugawa in 1999.co.jp, but for now i dont have a money and time, becuse I change the house. In future I will do.

Edited by Marcin

I see your newest effort got shared on Facebook by the Tetsudo Mokei Contest (official partner from Kato Precision Models)! Good going! :)

Also, stripes don't need to be very clear, as sometimes in the countryside, stripes can be very very vague. Even on bigger roads like this.

I have big roads, becuse i want Tomytec bus system. I make own road, becuse original are to expensive. About "Tetsudo Mokei Contest" I dont know nothing ;) Admin of group T-Trak ask, that he can use my photo. I say no problem :)

Edited by Marcin

Wow, looking good Marcin!  Might want to add a pedestrian overpass or take out one or two fences on the corner of the sidewalk of the intersection between the house and office modules though, otherwise it may be a little hard for the inhabitants to get to work!  I agree with velotrain, those road lines look very good! 

Darklighter

New city modules :)

Nice. I'm planning something similar, but I'm still thinking about ways to hide the gaps in the roads.

Did you ballast all the track or is it only painted/weathered?