T-trak from Kłobuck :)

Marcin

Hallo. With suggestions colleague IST begin to build a model of T-trak. Today I received a plywood for the construction of 4 modules. 3 normal and one of the bridge. On the other I want to make the fuel composition and a plaza with building materials.

Ps: for all elements I pay only 50 €.

post-1756-0-45371300-1457370939_thumb.jpg

post-1756-0-35900800-1457370955_thumb.jpg

post-1756-0-56576800-1457370964_thumb.jpg

post-1756-0-42212100-1457370975_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Marcin,

Those look nice, they look lasercut. Local service or do you have access to a cutter? Going to be Japanese scenes?

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

These laser cut modules look great. I bet they are more accurate and easier to assemble than the 2.25 euro modules i got from a local shop that had to be sanded for hours to make them fit. I really hope we can have a t-trak meeting in the future. I'm looking forward to your progress updates!

Marcin,

Great friend to have! I have one like that but unfortunately he lives 2400 miles away and too much of a pain to work long distance!

Looking forward to the scenes coming alive!

Cheers

Jeff

It's to late to cut. I will stay 100 mm. I think eventually I'll do module transition from 70 mm to 100 mm.

Edited by Marcin

You can also just run them thru the table saw very easily with the bottom side against the fence. We did this with 70mm that a member decided he wanted them at 25mm like the rest of our street car standard spaced. I just pulled off the unijoiner said and put a thin piece of ply under the ends when I cut them against the fence so the track end overhang would be lifted from the saw surface. Worked like a charm even with corner blocks installed. Modules already had scenery on them and all unharmed!

Jeff

couldnt be simpler to cut them down, it took all of 5 minutes to plan and set the saw up and a minute to cut each down (just run it around all 4 sides). you do need access to a table saw though!

but vertical change is also something interesting to throw in in ttrak, not done much! just want to do it on a double probably to get a gentler grade and nice transitions. and need a pair to get back down again.

jeff

I have to disagree as I've cut out probably 75+ modules and built three dozen or so, it really is simple to cut them down. if not built even simpler to slice off the 25mm, it really only takes 10 seconds per piece to slide thru the table saw. 10 min to do them all to anyone with a table saw. Maybe 15 min to do them all if already built. Hard part is only getting access to a table saw.

Jeff

Just consider that 3 cm height at 2% will be 1.5 meters and you'll need two ramps and with your 10 high modules that is 6 meters of a single straight...

Jeff's solution of assembling them and then using a circular table saw to cut to size seems much easier.

I dont have only straight module. I have 4 front, 4 corner, 2 side and 4 back(older "fremo" station).

The fremo's 10 cm height is ok, but the track distances are different between the fremo and the t-trak systems and the modul height are different too, not to mention 4 x 31 cm is not a multiple of 25 cm. (usual fremo N lengths are 25, 50, 100, 200 cm with 40 cm and a base length of 100 cm) Building ramps from 10 cm to 7 cm would need 1.5 meter per ramp.

About fremo. I have 4 modules 800 mm x 500 mm(station nozomi). Rails are in middle with space of kato unitrack(33 mm). Is no problem, to make connector :)

Image is not beauty, but You can see what I taking about.

post-1756-0-89098700-1459880287_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marcin

I see, but the fremo track centers are a bit different, namely 25 mm between tracks. Also your adapters have to compensate for the length difference between fremo modules and t-trak modules. (multiples of fractions of 100 cm for fremo and multiples of 31 cm for t-trak) Now factor in the height difference between standard t-trak and your fremo high t-trak modules and we have a nice mix of not really fully compatible modules. :)

Well you could do fremo lenghts no problem with ttrak if you just have them as the end of a loop with matching fremo lenght modules on either side. Ttrak is fine with odd lenght modules as long as you have an equally matched set for both sides like this.

But would need ramp up and down on both sides.

Or it could just be a spur with only one ramp. Or a ramp, T junction, and a loop. That's the fun of ttrak you can do things like this, but there are some limitations.

Marcin, might I suggest you cut down all the new ttrak modules to the 7cm height so you can run those very easily with others and then use long bolts with them to play well with your 10cm fremo modules. You may want to just do a few modules at a meeting and this would let you easily play well with others. then later you could do the vertical transition modules if desired to do it all with your fremo.

Also very good to talk with the others you may be playing ttrak with. Some are very open to odd things while others are very opposed to them. We have had clubs split off over how wild things can be with the modules here. Best to talk before you get too far in.

Cheers

Jeff

Kvp i said, that i have space 33 mm, not 25 mm. Lenght is 80 cm, not 100 cm. 4 x 80 cm = 320 cm(fremo). 14 x 31 cm(T-trak) = 434 cm. 434 - 320 = 114. I need 2 pieces of 57 cm :)

Cteno4 i dont cut :P Here in Poland nebody do T-trak, i'm alone. I build how i want ;) If i maybe one or two times in year go to other country with my modules i think, that friends in Hunguary will rise up modules to 10 cm ;)

To relax :)

post-1756-0-77441100-1459886098_thumb.jpg

post-1756-0-14961900-1459886118_thumb.jpg

post-1756-0-87344300-1459886128_thumb.jpg

• Like 1