www.artesiajp.com

beakaboy

More precisely a couple of buildings down from Hobbyland Pochi (Akihabara no. 2 store). Bit of an eccentric place; half the store is taken up by a large rental layout, which seems to be used by some relatively raucous regulars, the rest is the usual selection of 2nd hand stuff, albeit somewhat junkier than Pochi et al.  Some good prices if you know what you're looking for. The guy behind the counter dresses in maid drag.

• Like 1

Thanks for that.  I noticed a Mandarake also across the street.  Have you looked in their for model railway items?

I found this funny.  I was searching for model train shosp in Akihabara.  So I typed it into google and it came out as a map.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=z-mE_VysIz2M.kPU8LLBD3ltk&hl=en

I remember others puting huge amounts of efforts in to make something similar.  Now it just exists with a search.

Edited by katoftw

Thanks for that.  I noticed a Mandarake also across the street.  Have you looked in their for model railway items?

Yes, couldn't find anything.

I found this funny.  I was searching for model train shosp in Akihabara.  So I typed it into google and it came out as a map.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=z-mE_VysIz2M.kPU8LLBD3ltk&hl=en

I remember others puting huge amounts of efforts in to make something similar.  Now it just exists with a search

This is someone's "Google My Map", presumably created with a fair bit of effort, and already at least 18 months out of date...

The guy behind the counter dresses in maid drag.

Hang on... I couldn't help but kept wondering about this...

men-in-drag-french-maid-costume-1-large.

Das Steinkopf

Yes, couldn't find anything.

This is someone's "Google My Map", presumably created with a fair bit of effort, and already at least 18 months out of date...

I remember using that map when I was in Tokyo, I went to Akihabara over a period of 3 days for a couple of hours each time and it was nowhere long enough to see every store, I got to see about half a dozen or so, luckily my wife and daughters like figurines and dolls as it was a good excuse to get them to go there.

This thread opened my eyes up to a lot of different stores in Akihabara which I didn't know about. I've got an evening in Tokyo next month so I'm already planning how to get there and which ones to see before they close around 8pm!