kato jr500 Pantograph spare?

sunbeam

Hi,

Sorry guys, I've now looked for an hour all over the net, just can't find the part number for a spare kato jr500 Pantograph.

Does anybody know the part number, or better still a shop with one in stock :-)

Thank you,

Rob.

Hi Rob:

I often use katomodels.com to find out about spare parts for their models. This is something from Kato that is great!

http://www.katomodels.com/product/assy/pdf/10-003_10-510_10-511_10-512_[500kei].pdf

According to the list, it seems like the part number is 4360F

But I couldn't find any at stock at the moment... Let me get back to you if I found one ~

Hello,

Thank you for that, I can't understand why I didn't think to look on the Kato site!

It's the Nozomi one I'm after.

I've never bought from Japan other than two sellers that speak English and have English websites. How hard is it to buy from kato direct?

I once tried Tomix, but it was hopeless for me.

Edited by sunbeam

AFAIK kato Japan does not ship overseas. In the us we have to order kato Japan thru KatoUSA which takes a long time (comes over in bulk container shipments) and shipping charge is usually more than the part (seems to be mostly a handling charge).

I would contact Modeltrainplus or loco1hobby as they are great at helping to find stray bits and have excellent service (really can't be beat!)

Jeff

Thank you for that, I have used Modeltrainplus a few times now and as you say, they are very helpful.

I use Plaza as well, but find them unable to help when it comes to selling items not listed on their site. 

I'm pleased I've found Modeltrainplus. I just stumbled over them by web surfing. I had no idea who they were, but I took a chance and they were great. I've used them a few times now and found them to be very good.

It's great to know others here consider them the best :-)