Update on JR West "Twilight Express Mizukaze"

Sacto1985

By the way, I believe this will be the longest diesel-hybrid train in Japan, JR East's upcoming luxury train uses 1,500 V DC and 20,000 V AC overhead power.

I think it looks better from that end, from the other it looks more like an American football helmet on wheels than a train.

• Like 3
SuRoNeFu 25-501

By the way, I believe this will be the longest diesel-hybrid train in Japan, JR East's upcoming luxury train uses 1,500 V DC and 20,000 V AC overhead power.

JR East ones would have more complex system employed for its traction system, as it uses both electric (1.5kV DC and 20kV 50Hz AC, for use on electrified sections) and diesel (for use on non-electrified tracks) power...

I think it looks better from that end, from the other it looks more like an American football helmet on wheels than a train.

It's same with my thought, the front end is much like a giant-sized American football helmet being "slapped" to a train's driving car  :grin

JR East ones would have more complex system employed for its traction system, as it uses both electric (1.5kV DC and 20kV 50Hz AC, for use on electrified sections) and diesel (for use on non-electrified tracks) power...

Why, JR East will run this luxury train on the JR East Gono Line betweeen Kawabe and Higashi-Noshiro Station? Or other non-electrified JR East lines like the Kitakami Line?

The JR East trainset (Shikishima) will run on the Hakodate Main Line as far as Noboribetsu.

I think you mean the Muroran Main Line to Noboribetsu. In that case, the trainset will have to run with hybrid diesel power from Hakodate to Noboribetsu.

ayokoi, so they finally delivered those two end observation cars that have been under construction at Kinki Sharyo for quite some time....

Edited by Sacto1985