Hobby Search

bill937ca

As of May 26th, Hobby Search takes Paypal.

hooray!

Oh thank the beagle, that makes for a much easier life in checking out.

angusmclean

Have been buying on the internet for many years now from several suppliers including one who still uses SAL.  Nothing has ever gone amiss, and SAL reaches New Zealand in about 7-10 days, EMS in about 3 days, but latter is rather expensive.  Only one sour trade on Ebay with a Japanese part-time retailer, consequently I'm very happy with the Japanese service.

Angus McLean

CaptOblivious

…and, as I just discovered, they don't let you use points to discount orders when you use PayPal.

lbriand_fr

hooray!

Yes, now I can buy from his shop.

Since a year I try to buy some stuff from Hobby Search, but my credit card don't work on his site.

Yes, now I can buy from his shop.

Since a year I try to buy some stuff from Hobby Search, but my credit card don't work on his site.

The first security check on international orders is that the shipping address must be the same as the billing address. It may be the address you are using.

also call your cc company as some block off shore charges until you authorize them to do it. they wont tell you this is why it fails a security check! even if your cc is open to overseas charges its good practice to call them before doing a bunch of them or traveling as they can sometimes trigger a freeze at the cc company.

cheers

jeff

lbriand_fr

Hobby Search is the only store where I have problems with my credit cards (the "real" and electronic).

My credit cards works in the United States, Europe, Thailand, Hong Kong, China.

But Hobby Search is the only store in Japan where I try to pay with it. Plazza Japan does not take credit cards.

Now, it's not a real problem, my first shipment from Hobby search will arrive today (if the deliverer from Chronopost do his job for one time  :P ).

Hobby Search is "suspending PayPal transactions".  No reason why given.

Hobby Search is the only store where I have problems with my credit cards (the "real" and electronic).

Part of that is probably due to the fact that Japanese credit cards work a little differently, and most Japanese don't even have one. Normal payment methods in Japan are to pay cash at the convenience store, pay by wire (you can wire money at the post office), or pay C.O.D. A larger online retailer that expects international orders should be able to handle at least the big three credit cards.

Difficulty using credit cards across borders is by no means unique to Japan. I've been to plenty of US-based shopping websites that couldn't handle a Canadian postal code when it came to the credit card validation step.

disturbman

The interface is okay, it needs just to get used to, but except the look of it the changes are nice.

Hobby Search is resuming the PayPal payment option and there was this notice on their web site today. It appears HS sales of adult material may have been an issue with PayPal.

"10/26   HOBBY SEARCH To Stop Selling Adult Goods.

With the start of Paypal service at HOBBY SEARCH, sales of adult goods are to be closed from November 4th, Japan time, onward.

More specifically, some of PVC figures, Anime Toys and Magazines, and ALL of Eroges

and Adult Mangas are to be deleted from our homepage.

Waiting-list-mails and newsletter for those items are to be cancelled as well.

Please be assured that orders and pre-orders taken prior to that date are to be processed

as they are.

Also, please note that adult items, as well as non-adult ones, are to be displayed on the purchase record of the User Menu page.

We apologize deeply for all the inconveniences caused by this change.

If you have some questions or comments on this issue,

please contact us at hs-support@1999.co.jp. "

Hobby Search is resuming the PayPal payment option and there was this notice on their web site today. It appears HS sales of adult material may have been an issue with PayPal.

"10/26   HOBBY SEARCH To Stop Selling Adult Goods.

With the start of Paypal service at HOBBY SEARCH, sales of adult goods are to be closed from November 4th, Japan time, onward.

More specifically, some of PVC figures, Anime Toys and Magazines, and ALL of Eroges

and Adult Mangas are to be deleted from our homepage.

Waiting-list-mails and newsletter for those items are to be cancelled as well.

Please be assured that orders and pre-orders taken prior to that date are to be processed

as they are.

Also, please note that adult items, as well as non-adult ones, are to be displayed on the purchase record of the User Menu page.

We apologize deeply for all the inconveniences caused by this change.

If you have some questions or comments on this issue,

please contact us at hs-support@1999.co.jp. "

That's sort of sad in a way. While it was not my thing, they did a hell of a lot of business in this area.

HOBBY SEARCH starts SAL Small Packet in January 2010 to help cut down your shipping costs for packages under 2kg. Please wait a little while until the service goes into effect. Thank you

Looking at the updated front page this morning, it looks like the are not taking PayPal again. If this is no t the case, then they took old information and placed it on the new page layout. This would surprise me, as they are pretty good about keeping things up to date.

Payment

The only payment method available is credit card payment.

Other payment methods, such as money order, PayPal, etc., are not acceptable.

This is also stated under their FAQs.

When did they stop taking PP again?

Hey this is good news! there were a lot of times when i would want one small thing from them, but the starting $15 ems charge was just too high! im still a bit miffed with them with not cutting me some slack with the ems returned shipment this summer, but this has now gotten them back into better graces with me! wonder if they were getting a lot of competition from plaza and hw? hw certainly has gotten the lions share of my business in the last couple of years due to the sal shipping and good prices.

cheers

jeff