Hobby Search

bill937ca

Did anyone recently had any trouble pruchasing stuff from HS?

I keep getting this error message:

"An error occurred during credit card verification process.

An unexpected error has occurred.
We are sorry for the trouble, but please fill our the order form again"

I've sent a mail to HSsupport, but i was wondering if someone had similar troubles.

5 hours ago, Socimi said:

Did anyone recently had any trouble pruchasing stuff from HS?

Just had a charge go through yesterday, no issues at all ...

• Thanks 1

I picked up a couple of containers and a random bus. After spending my accumulated points, and considering that I used SAL cheap shipping, it should work out at less than US$10

For me it’s usually a train (and usually a greenmax) that was just too expensive for me when released but when 40-50% off it pushes me over the edge. Same goes with little bits and bobs like special busses and containers.

jeff

Exactly. But unfortunately a lot of items are not that deeply discounted and you can find equivalent prices at other suppliers.

I found out you could get really good offers on Amazon, like random 50% off from Greenmax's or other manufacturers' sets. But for that you need to leave the items that interests you in your wishlist or your cart. When checking it will tell you the items that change.

Yep it’s just luck of the draw. Other little bits are at times not great reduction, but then again we usually don’t see big sales with Japanese trains. 

There are the items at times at very low prices on amazon and it’s spotty and up and down as you note. the shipping is also wicked fast and cheap.

I do worry a bit of amazon driving out the small competition like they have elsewhere. Their customer service is starting to decline and they really do some nasty things ar times. Currently I’m barred from reviewing items on amazon.com as last year they said I took money for a review. I have never done that and never would. They would not tell me the post that was I question nor take any feedback from me in the matter. Turns out they were using an “intelligent” system to flag paid reviewers and it had a huge false positive rate but this group is super secret and regular cs channels has no way to talking to it or changing any of its results. Welcome to the future... I fear more and more of their systems will go this way.

went to do a return to the store the other day and they supply you with a QR code and a date to return the item by but what they don’t tell you in any of the messages is the QR code expires in 7 days. Hugh? I went in 9 days after and then it was 20min on the phone to get the qr replaced. Ok [rant off].

jeff

14 hours ago, maihama eki said:

Pushed me over the edge on the Greenmax Kintetsu Blue Symphony.

Which is now sold out, so congratulations? Just remember to pick up some door seals (or whatever they’re called) to go between the carriages. 

I got some catenary poles and Seino 20ft containers that were on sale, and a station kit that wasn’t, but I wanted anyway. . 

1 hour ago, Sheffie said:

Just remember to pick up some door seals (or whatever they’re called)

In English they're called diaphragms. I don't know what the Japanese name for them is.

Cheers,

Mark.