Hobby Search

bill937ca

Charles,

Have a little compassion. They try hard to give English communication.

I think he is trying to answer your question about the order combination saying that the caboose could be held to combine with anything else they get by sept 1. I sounds like they are saying they are not really going to comment on when the yo8000 release will now be. From the first message it looks like they think August rerelease.

Try phrasing your questions really simply, I thin things like are "you perhaps suggesting" may not translate well to an esl.

Jeff

Well, the Hoki2200 hopper cars have been released as promised, I just got five of them in the mail.

There's a few items in the HO section of the bargain bin that have got me interested, but I think I'll limit myself to this:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10408591

I don know much about Keio, but I like the looks of this MU.

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by marknewton

Charles,

Have a little compassion. They try hard to give English communication.

I think he is trying to answer your question about the order combination saying that the caboose could be held to combine with anything else they get by sept 1. I sounds like they are saying they are not really going to comment on when the yo8000 release will now be. From the first message it looks like they think August rerelease.

Try phrasing your questions really simply, I thin things like are "you perhaps suggesting" may not translate well to an esl.

Jeff

Jeff -

I think that you, like Kato, misread me.

This guy is very bright, rather playful, and quite witty.

He was suggesting that the caboose may not in fact be out by the end of September.

Regarding, "But it would be advisable

for you not to keep in mind that possibility." 

There are two ways to interpret this, and I'm not at all sure either of them would be grammatically incorrect.

To paraphrase it, he's saying that it would be inadvisable not to keep in mind the possibility of it being delayed again. 

In other words, he's suggesting that I was correct in my interpretation of his earlier statement, but won't go on record!

Thus, "We did not say any more than we actually said."

I'm not at all suggesting that his English is not very good - on the contrary, I'm amazed and delighted with the sophistication of it.

Yes we did as it sounded like you were not happy not getting information you wanted and you befuddled by his phrasing. would have been better to just state you thought he was being a clever chap with his phrasing.

Also it can be a bit of the roundabout path, Japanese don't tend to be as direct as amaricans in business communications, different business culture.

Jeff

I wasn't befuddled by his phrasing so much as impressed by the very careful construction of it.

Maybe he learned the language from an elder English gent, say a university prof, as they might have the same precision in their speech.

I had meant my initial description of him as a funny guy to be positive, but perhaps the opposite was interpreted.

Can anyone explain how the Hobby Search reservations work? I put a few thing in my reservation cart. The items are not released yet but they show now as sold out. Am I supposed to put them in the reservation cart and pay so I will get the items when they are released?

6 minutes ago, Khaul said:

Can anyone explain how the Hobby Search reservations work? I put a few thing in my reservation cart. The items are not released yet but they show now as sold out. Am I supposed to put them in the reservation cart and pay so I will get the items when they are released?

Reservations do not require payment. You can place the items you want (as per-order items) into the cart as usual, and click check-out. The items will be reserved when you see that the items are already in your order list when you go to 'my account'.

The items will only be charged when they are available and ready to be shipped.

Do note that pre-order items cannot be combined with available items for shipping.

Hope that helps!

Khaul,

you have to put reservation items in your cart and checkout. You don't have to pay for the reservation items in the checkout, just login and choose shipping and payment prefs. Once the item is in they then will contact you for payment and at that point you can even change the payment and shipping methods. You can try and combine reservation items with regular purchases but that can be hard to juggle and they have a list of rules on this in their FAQ.

if you did not check out wirh the reservation item and it was just sitting in your cart the reservation was never made. Check out their FAQ, they have a lot of details there on ordering.

cheers

jeff

1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

You can try and combine reservation items with regular purchases but that can be hard to juggle and they have a list of rules on this in their FAQ.

This seems to work best if you ask to add in-stock items to reserve items in the month when they are expected to arrive.

Fresh Green Sanyo Shinkansen just got a re-release and it's already on sale? Oh well, had I waited I wouldn't have got it. If October's order didn't ship yet I would've thrown in the Yokosuka Line 115-800. Also limiting the UM-8A to one per household makes it tough to make a trash train...

A long time American N modeller I'm just about to give Japanese N scale a go. But I'm confused as to the meaning of the entry "RESTOCK" which appears on many of the items at Hobby Search. Does it mean the items are now back in stock or that Hobby Search is waiting for more stock to arrive.

I couldn't find an answer in the archives.

Ken H.

As far as I know it means that it is a model that was once sold out and later they restocked on them again.

As long as the button for the Item shows "Cart" it means it's in stock and available to be ordered "right away".

It means the item has been restocked within the last 30 days.

image.png.9b71afa2ea731a6e0868e93d72f00dce.pngindicates "restock items" and shall be displayed for 1 month.