Hobby Search

bill937ca

Yeah, there were a few ok items, but most of the better things seemed to immediately sell out.  Suppose that it's good news for my wallet at least.

• Like 1

Yeah, there were a few ok items, but most of the better things seemed to immediately sell out.  Suppose that it's good news for my wallet at least.

No.  But maybe the other 40-50 items that have already been removed since becoming sold out were.

I purchased a few Hogarakadou containers and Tomytec buildings that no longer show up in the event, and I debated about the Tomix 200 series shinkansen long enough to miss out on it. :(

My credit card said no ,but I managed to get a Kato D51 standard type with Nagano system smoke controller on sale for 7500yen . shame the NZ dollar is not doing better against the yen at present!

• Like 1
Eurostar25

My credit card said no ,but I managed to get a Kato D51 standard type with Nagano system smoke controller on sale for 7500yen . shame the NZ dollar is not doing better against the yen at present!

You got one?? I looked 1 hour after the sale started as I got my times mixed up and the D51's were already sold out...

There were quite abit of cool stuff when the sales started at 12pm Japan time. I was in just when the sales just started so I guess I saw most (if not all) of the items on sale.

There were a couple of N700-2000 basic sets, all 3 variants of the Tomix 227s Red Wings, some tomytec Tobu 8000 series, Cassiopeia motor car (the one with the generator), some tomytec buildings etc as much as my memory serves me...  

The thing with HS sales is you need to be right on time otherwise the cool stuff will be gone really fast... I'm thinking HS is really popular now! Even their other sections such as model cars or robots have their sales stuff out in the first 10 mins!

Ha I had a d51 in my cart and waited 5 minutes to think it over and then it was gone! Oh well it went to a good home!

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

Thanks Jeff. I have a very old Kato D51 which I managed to get running again after purchasing it as a junk item, so it will be nice to see the difference between old and new. Were they used mostly as a freight loco?

holy crap that is a lot of Wamu :grin

Lies and slander!  You can never have too many wamu!  :P

• Like 2

I thought that Wamu special set was a really sought after set, but it's still available..

That 300 series... really love it... almost click the confirm, almost got it, then sat down and think it carefully... it's quite costly and I most likely wont be able to run it so...

Just curious, did someone here get it?  :P

I would be very pleased to see it go to a real model fan than it go to someone who would sell it again later at a profit...

marknewton

Thanks Jeff. I have a very old Kato D51 which I managed to get running again after purchasing it as a junk item, so it will be nice to see the difference between old and new. Were they used mostly as a freight loco?

They were mixed-traffic locos.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

Guys, guys! the 300 series is cool but...

35 WaMus!!

That's an awesome set!

Part of me is upset for missing out on this since I wanted it but then I look at the murder on my wallet that August and September will be and I'm glad I didn't get it. 

• Like 1

Better than past sales, but nothing I needed.  A few I wanted but not at the price where I thought it was worth picking them up.

Ack it hit my world kougi soft spot for a JNR KUMOYA22 001 Container Transport Test Car/Railway Service Car. Also a bus collection 21 as I could use a few more busses and one of our members wants some more vehicles so he may pick up a few extras. Few other little bits...

I am weak...

Jeff

• Like 2

The de50 world kougi looked good and a unique model, but I decided I have enough kits to build and like doing them for the really odd stuff more.

Jeff

A funny guy at HS

Over the winter Kato announced a HO freight series, consisting of the DE10, Hoki 2200 grain carrier, and the Yo8000 caboose.  The entire series has been delayed at least once, while I believe the caboose currently stands at three times, and counting.

In early July, HS wrote:

> > The pre-order item listed below
> > (HO) Yo8000 (Model Train)
> > (
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10003668 )
> >
> > Was originally scheduled for release on After Jul re-release,
> > but has been rescheduled for release on Aug re-release.

Ummm . . . How is August different than After July?  Or - are they confirming that it will definitely be August instead of some random month After July?

Since I had nothing else scheduled in August, but did have an existing order for September, I asked if they could hold the caboose to ship with the September order.

A fellow named Daisuke Saito clearly has experience with the nuances of the English language, and replied.

> As requested, we have arranged for the products in question to be
> combined for shipment. This arrangement will be standing valid
> until September 1, Japan Time. Not longer than that.

I was surprised at the unusual phrasing of his reply, so asked,

> I'm curious - are you perhaps suggesting that the Yo8000 could possibly be
> delayed beyond September 1 ;-)

Daisuke Saito again:

"Thank you very much for your reply.
We did not say any more than we actually said. But it would be advisable
for you not to keep in mind that possibility." 

I think I get what he's saying, but I still aren't sure about that second "not", as without it the sentence reads as I think it was intended.