Hobby Search

bill937ca

Found a few little items and had a little list of small bits I wanted to get before.

Looks like the checkout has changed and not calculating shipping anymore. That's a bummer!

Jeff

I picked up the Kato KUMOHA52-004 + KUMOHA54-100 Iida Line (4-Car Set) at a price a third less than one of the discount sellers.

ahh it looks like because i ordered a bunch of small parts and a couple of small to medium sized items it freaked out the shipping calculator to say we will see if it can go SAL! I just tried a couple of medium things and it would do the sal small packet.

jeff

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10408934

Listed as 5,200 yen, should be 16,500 yen.  Get in now before they realize their mistake.

Good spot! I just ordered even though it didn't need it... But oh well... Doesn't it seems a little... taking advantage of their mistakes? We might get a message later on to say the price is wrong and blah blah blah... Let's see how it goes on from here...

• Like 1

Someone is bound to order their limit of 6 and then make a killing on Ebay.

Agreed... But these are scaplers... and I don't like them... Making a killing from someone's mistake is... bad.

• Like 3
Takahama Trainwatcher

Agreed... But these are scaplers... and I don't like them... Making a killing from someone's mistake is... bad.

100% agree.

Isn't this a reserve price that could be changed before release? HS has the right to raise it and anyone reserving it has the right to cancel in that case.

ps: it's 12400 yen on amiami and the previous release was 9800, so 5200 is clearly a mistake...

Yes it certainly has to be a mistake.

Problem is, if they do realise it, and they should pretty soon, they will need to inform all those that have pre-ordered. Not wise to fulfil all pre-order quantities and then try to tell the buyers that have pre-ordered that the price is a mistake. That would cost a huge destructive wave of comments...

Thing is, the set is now tops on their ranking chart, that surely has to do with the price. They seem to be on holiday from 11 to 15, but no one is noticing the mistake today which should be a business day.

Imagine the horror when they return to work on the 16th Aug...

ps: it's 12400 yen on amiami and the previous release was 9800, so 5200 is clearly a mistake...

You don't need to look at other sellers or previous releases.

You just need to clearly click the link, then look clearly at the Tomix upcoming release posters HS has used clearly in the picture section, showing the normal price it clearly should be.

Actually most sellers go below the advertised price, between 15 - 30%. This is why other sellers are also selling below the indicated retail price. Offering more than 50% is probably an error though. I would not expect HS to ask the full suggested reatil price even if they do fix the listing.

And now it is only 4.420 JPY. So I ordered one set, although I do not really need it. But looks cool and for this price it is a bargain. Let's see what will happen!

I also ordered one set, can't go wrong for that price. It will be interesting to see what they do when they realize the mistake.

I reckon HS will send notifications of the price error once they return from their holiday on the 16th August (today happens to be 'Yama no He' Or Mountain Day). What amazes me is that they did not realise this mistake yesterday which is the last day before the long break. They even updated their site with new and restock items but did not realise this...

It will be a horror when they return after 5 days with even more orders flooding in for this set.

* Off topic, I do not need this set too as I already have the older 92408 and 92409, but at this price I just needed to try... Also, pretty weird that Tomix re-release the former Cassiopeia set together with the new one... If the order pulls through, then I will have 2 Cassiopeia train sets to run ~  :)

Wahahaha so they are back to work, and as expected:

Thank you very much for shopping at HOBBY SEARCH.

We are contacting you today regarding price change of
the following product.

# 16-0809-2158
  J.R. Type E26 `Cassiopeia` Standard Set B (Basic 6-Car set) (Model Train)
  ( http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10408934 )

The recommended retail price set by the manufacturer had been
changed as follows by our mistake:

Original Retail Price:
    5,200 yen

New Retail Price:
    16,500 yen

Due to this change, the price we will be providing you has been
changed as follows:

Original Hobby Search Sale Price:
    4,420 yen

New Hobby Search Sale Price:
    14,025 yen

We are very sorry for this mistake.
If you would like to cancel the order due to this change of
product price, please reply to this mail within 7 operating days.
We will not be able to accept cancellations after this,
so please be careful.

Well, at least gave a chance to cancel... I guess i'm cancelling this then since I already have a Cassiopeia...

Edited by JR 500系

Just received the same email, although the Cassiopeia is on my list of trains to own I would rather try and save up to get the EVA 500 Shinkansen.  I also cancelled. :(

Yeah... I'ma leave the order like it is thou... not gonna order anything after Oktober anymore anyway so yeah... having something during the time i dont buy stuff might be nice too...

Hobby Search has made some changes to their web site.  At the top Model Train is now split into Model Trains N  and Model Train HO/Z.  That alone is a big change. 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/rail/         This is N

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/train/       This is HO/Z

There are now categories at the top for Toy, Japanese Culture, Diecast Militry, Trading Card, and Material Case along numerous other catetgories.

From Hobby Search news section.

To improve usability and increase selection for our customers, we have edited our product categories and introduced new products. So please feel free to take a look around.
For Ladies / Toys / Robot and SFX / Trading Cards / Military Plastic Model Kits / Completed Military Model
Railroad Model N /Railroad Model HO Z /Display and Material /Diecast Car /Mini 4WD/RC /Japanese Culture /For Men

* We have gathered the products for ladies, to improve usability of the site.

* We have added "Toy" as a new category of products. So please check out the new selection.

* We have separated the Trading cards and supplies from "Anime Toys".

* We have separated the Diecast and pre-built models and Model Kits from the original Military Models category.

* We have separated HO and Z scale items from the original Model Train category.

* We have separated crafting materials and display cases from "Hobby Tools".

* We have added "Japanese Culture" as a new category of products. So please check out the new selection.

* We have gathered the products for men, to improve usability of the site.

* We have changed the Category title from "Mecha" to "Anime Robot/SFX".

* We have changed the Category title from "RC Models" to "Mini 4WD/RC".

* We have added "Diecast Car" as a new category of products. So please check out the new selection.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1

Headsup!

just received an email there will be a bargain sale starting today, 8th November at 12pm Japan time (GMT +9). Let's see what they will have! :)