Tardis Project

beakaboy

Hi all. Just the early stages of a project to have a Tardis on one of my  layouts. I obtained this little mini sound card that can record 10 seconds (20 seconds if change a resistor)of  sounds. Connected to one of my $6 Texas Instruments controllers to supply power only at this stage. An Arduino can be used to control the sound card , so I am hoping I can use the TI controller once I figure out the right places for wires to go.I intend building a mini version of a Tardis in clear plastic with a blue flashing LED and sound unit under the layout below it. Hopefully it won't be obvious to public until I activate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAX_0DaHb1s

• Like 2

Very fun!

You need one of these to have in your pocket

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12v-10A-relay-1CH-wireless-RF-Remote-Control-Switch-Transmitter-Receiver-FLV-/301851493532?hash=item4647c0449c:g:FAkAAOSw~gRViXuW

Been meaning to rig this to our goji sound effects. We have been running it with some Bluetooth speakers to an iPad, but easier to just press a remote than hit play on the iPad...

Having fun effects like this is great for the viewers! We have fun with the goji sound as folks will think it's motion activated and get quite animated trying to make goji roar again! One club member was very evil with two little old ladies, only making it go off when one of the would wave her hand at goji and not the other. The latter got very frustrated, it was a candid camera moment!

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

Well, that's great! Guess I know whats in my next Shapeways order. Hopefully when they do free shipping promotion again

Might have to get 2. I was thinking about somehow having one activate and disappear and then another one appear somewhere else on layout. Hmmmm.....

• Like 1

Sascha - I sent your Lego link to my wife and her friend who are huge Dr. Who fans.....they'll enjoy it!

• Like 1

I have never watched the Dr Who series. I found this by accident, and only because I read this tread. I dont even know why this police booth is so important for the series. I hope they enjoy it.