Chat Issues?

reported to martijn earlier. bummer this keeps happening, something with the chat license specifically when it was upped to more than 4 at a time.

jeff

Thanks Martijn!  Chat room is open and back in business but I don't know where Nico is because he isn't in there. :)

Thanks Martijn!  Chat room is open and back in business but I don't know where Nico is because he isn't in there. :)

I have to get up at 7 4 times a week... i cant be up that late LOL

hmm not the key as far as the admin panel figures, but maybe something different. email off to martijn

thanks

jeff

I am very sorry to say that it looks like they have terminated chat with the forum software. So chat will be down until the new forum software is running then we can investigate alternatives to hook in chat.

The forum software came with a license for 3 on their chat and we got an additional license for up to 8, but they have terminated the whole service it looks like.

We will get back to you as soon as we have any ideas on this, but reving the forum software is the priority right now.

cheers

jeff

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

Yeah, they stopped the chat service because not enough people were using it for them to keep the server running. All messages in the chat went through their spam filters etc, which is why you had to have the extra license for it.

I have looked at other chat options for the new software, and there are some add-ons that are very usable. They don't have any spam check on them, but it might not be needed. One thing I noticed, is that it doesn't show a number on the chat tab like the old system used to do, so you can't really see if anyone is chatting.