Chat Issues?

Tried to access the chat room and I get the following message:

"The chat room has not been properly setup by the administrator (the chat room account number has not been supplied)."

Just noticed this today, it was working fine.

Dan

Edited by DanMacK
Martijn Meerts

It's working again. For some reason the license key was removed, which meant the chat was unavailable. I've had issues with them before with regards to licensing, for example, if they send you an email that your license is about to expire, they almost immedately disable it, even if there are still several days left.

• Like 1

Das,

Exactly what happened? What platform, so, and browser are you using?

Chat will log you off if you leave the browser sometimes and on mobile devices will log you off with inactivity in just a few minutes usually. I know my iPad does this to me every time I leave to another app or window for a couple of minutes or leave chat inactive for a few minutes. Others have this issue as well.

Jeff

Das Steinkopf

Das,

Exactly what happened? What platform, so, and browser are you using?

Chat will log you off if you leave the browser sometimes and on mobile devices will log you off with inactivity in just a few minutes usually. I know my iPad does this to me every time I leave to another app or window for a couple of minutes or leave chat inactive for a few minutes. Others have this issue as well.

Jeff

Thanks for that Jeff, an iPad was the culprit in this case.

Yeah, I'll talk to Martijn to see if there are any tweaks that can be done in the settings. I think it's trying to be nice and not keep mobile users connected after disuse for a bit for data charges. It can be frustrating even just pausing for a few minutes it can kick you off. Worse when you go to another browser tab or app, seems like maybe 2 minutes...

Anyone else have chat eject you from the chat on tablets or other mobile devices? I know of 4 iPad users with this experience now.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

Email into Martijn on it.

Don't think it's ram chat takes very little and udp is low overhead. It times out even if you don't do anything for a few minutes even if no incoming data.

Jeff

Martijn Meerts

License key is back in place. Not sure what's causing it to disappear really.

As for the timeouts, the chat is set to 360 minute inactivity timeout, and there are no settings specifically for mobile devices.

As for the timeouts, the chat is set to 360 minute inactivity timeout, and there are no settings specifically for mobile devices.

Well i am pretty sure the reason is on the mobile device itself, an app wich is set into background usually gets paused cutting the process into a freeze state and with that probably booting you out at some point...

Yeah that is the best guess now on the mobile devices. I am going to play with the split screen to see if that may keep the socket open.

Jeff

Thanks, I'll poke Martijn, he is the admin on that. It's thru a separate service than the forum hosting.

Jeff

the_weird_one

Licence for the chat appears to have poofed - first time I can get back to my other hobby after event running and I can't chat :(