Kato 3045-1 EH200 Drama's

Das Steinkopf

Das Steinkopf

A bit more than a month ago I purchased a new EH200 that Kato had re-released, since then I have only run it a couple of times for a few minutes to see how it runs, overall it would have had 15 minutes to 30 minutes running time at the most. Tonight I decided to pull it out and give it a run with the Taki1000's that I had received today, after a few laps on the test circuit (Kato V6 pack coupled to a Gaugemaster Model D) the locomotive started to slow and then stopped, the lights worked well almost to the point of being an artificial sun but the locomotive would not budge. I am suspecting the connections for the motor given I still have power going to the lights, I also ran the Tomix EF65-1000 I received today on the track and it worked fine, has anyone else had a similar issue with this locomotive, I am a bit peeved as it is a fairly new loco with minimal running time.

Based on what you stated.

The test track you set up it could be the possible point of failure. If the lights are super bright it could be that the AC terminal were connected to the track instead of the DC output. 

Inobu 

Das Steinkopf

Based on what you stated.

The test track you set up it could be the possible point of failure. If the lights are super bright it could be that the AC terminal were connected to the track instead of the DC output. 

Inobu

I am using the DC output on the controller, I have run all of my locomotives using this setup and this is the first time I have had an issue, the EH200 had done a number of circuits and ran for about 2 minutes or so before it decided to stop.

Das Steinkopf

Well today marked the end of the saga with a happy outcome, I fitted the replacement board that I got from Nariichi and she now runs like a dream, the main cause of all the dramas was the lugs where the pickups join the motor hadn't been crimped properly. I have added some photos and videos so people can use them for reference if they ever come across a similar problem to what I have.

post-3083-0-50671700-1455013858_thumb.jpeg

post-3083-0-11558100-1455013936_thumb.jpeg

post-3083-0-54118000-1455014008_thumb.jpeg

Edited by cteno4