Hobby link japan sale

cteno4

HLJ.com is having their Black Friday weekend sale.

5% off up to 9999yen

10% off 10000-19999

15% off 20000-29999

17% off over 30000

While their train selection has been thin the last year or two sometimes there are some good finds at hlj.

http://hlj.com/black-friday-sale-2015

Quite a few books

http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?GenreCode2=Rld&qid=EKJKMTUYLRVV0U&DisplayMode=images&z=GenreCode2&set=1&Dis=2&inStock=1&MacroType2=rldboo

And a good price on this beauty!

http://hlj.com/product/AOS01000/Rld

And this is a very nice little scene and cheap

http://www.hlj.com/product/ari81111/Jpc

They also have a virtual warehouse where you can store items for up to a month and ship in what ever configurations you want to.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

ok another HLJ sale. most 40% off stuff. They stock little RR stuff these days unfortunately

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?utm_campaign=ce37aa7d90-Spring_Sale_2016_Wave_4_3_25_2016&utm_source=HobbyLink%20Japan%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&Sort=std&qid=GMM83S4JSNQ&utm_term=0_baa74bea0a-ce37aa7d90-225707329&DisplayMode=list&set=1&SaleGroup=springsale2016Rld&Dis=2&inStock=1

some interesting stuff though like the plarail maglev, tm06 mech, dd51, sapporo snow tram, etc

found a few bits for myself like

series 24 tomix set

http://www.hlj.com/product/TMT92817

tesudo musume container set

http://www.hlj.com/product/TMT25343

Snow Miku train 2016 (hey its $11 get it while its cheap krackle!)

http://www.hlj.com/product/FUJ91021

and a few other bits and pieces.

also 

• Like 1

Thank you Jeff!

With your help, I can finally get the MSE 60000, and at a nice cost!  :)  I'm amazed it is still in stock! This set is selling for a very inflated cost due to its popularity and rarity.

glad you found something! I looked at the mse60000, but was not into getting many new trains these days!

HLJ sales almost always have a few interesting things in them! not a huge stock usually, but something.

jeff

Truly amazing! I stopped everything I was doing at immediately created an account and grabbed that MSE. I've been looking for the MSE for a long time now... Although it is not the 6-car set, the 4-car set will do also for now... That makes my Romance car collection that more attractive! 

Now to hope that they REALLY have that set in stock ~ 

as long as when you bought it it said in stock then you should be fine, they have never come back and said sorry sold out! 

they are a good sized business, but have sort of been letting the train stuff languish. I talked with their president when Hobby world and Rainbow ten shut down (we did not have loco1hobby and modeltrainplus yet!) that there was an opportunity for them to step in to the void as they have kept good discounts. But he did not seem really keen on getting into trains more. there is just one chap doing all their train ordering.

in the past they had the best selection of prohobby stuff next to hobby world.

but being mainly an export business they are really an easy site to use and have an interesting selection overall. also have the great virtual warehouse where you can drop your orders in and then have 2 months to ship your stuff out in what ever combo and shipping you want. also their fedex rate is just a tad over ems and i bet with the ems increase it may be cheaper!

anyhow ive always like them and they have done well by me over the years for the odd bits! 

cheers

jeff

Thanks for the brief history of HLJ, Jeff... I do hope the order gets fulfilled... the thing now is that the set is still under back-ordered status:

http://hlj.com/product/ARI12871/Rld

Although I am a 100% sure when I hit the set is was 'available' status:

My Open Orders

Order Date: June 16, 2016
Order No. 08201166

thumb_ari12871_0.jpg?v=1414569288
A7571 Odakyu Romance Car 60000 Series MSE Additional 4 Car Set ...and 0 other items
Order Total: ¥12,002

Compact View thumb_ari12871_0.jpg?v=1414569288A7571 Odakyu Romance Car 60000 Series MSE Additional 4 Car Set 1 Backordered
Usually ships within 4 to 6 weeks ¥11,022
Shipping Method:Standard Int'l Shipping
Order Handling:Ship When Available
Payment Method:PayPal

Note the price difference too ~

If is is under back-ordered status, wouldn't more people order them? It will be mighty tough to fulfil these orders... Perhaps they might have one of two sets stuck away somewhere and when they found it they said 'hey let's make this a sales item' but if more back-orders comes in they may have a problem explaining to customers they are unable to procure these items for delivery...

So my worries (and excitement) of getting the MSE eventually lead me to study further into HLJ policies and stock status, so thought i'll post them here to share with others if they are also interested:

Extract from HLJ:

The "Out of Stock" stock status means we do not have stock of the item here, and there are no current orders for it, but we can probably get it from our suppliers if you place an order. If no orders are placed for it, it will remain as "Out of Stock"... so don't just wait for it to change it "In Stock," since it probably won't! 

Unlike most online stores, at HobbyLink Japan we give our customers the ability to order items that are not currently available. So if an item that you're looking for has the stock status "Out of Stock" or "Backordered" in our online catalog, that doesn't mean "not available." It means there are currently no pieces in our warehouse, but if you place an order for it, we'll do our best to get stock for you!

Unlike some mass-produced consumer products, many of the products we carry are produced in very limited batches of a few hundred or thousand pieces. Many weeks or months of time can pass between production runs, and many figures and toys are only manufactured once. In addition, items we import into Japan may only be restocked once every few months. So we frequently see products become unavailable for a long time although we know that new stock will be available at some point in the future. That's why we allow customers to order "Out of Stock" and "Backordered" items. We'll watch those orders for them for as long as it takes to get them the merchandise!

In some cases, of course, additional stock may not ever become available, and if that happens we'll send you an email with the bad news as soon as we learn it. But we strongly recommend that customers go ahead and place orders for items, regardless of their stock status, because we'll do everything we can to get it for you if at all possible.

Let's hope so! I'll also try with some really out of stock items, like those that are already listed as 'out of stock' at the manufacturer such as Tomix or Kato, and see if they can really actually procure them!  :)

Jr500,

I hope the online order is just showing what the current stock status is. They are pretty responsive at emails. I've never had something I've ordered that was available not be shipped right out. Payment request if you use paypal usually comes in a day or so once your order is put together.

In the old days when they had more train stock I did back order some things and they came with the same frequency as other sources that would back order like rainbow ten and hobby world. I never tried on the thinks I knew were long oos and oop.

On my order the other night when the sale went up I did end up back ordering a recent set of Tomytec figures as I had them in my cart from last week and one got sold out, so I kept the back order to see if it would happen or not anymore,

Fingers crossed you got it!

Jeff

Das Steinkopf

I gave up on HLJ about a year ago, the whole backorder system is unreliable and is more akin to a wish list that can never be fufilled if they do have the items in stock there is no issue but if it is on backorder you can pretty much forget about it. One thing that they do carry that is not common elsewhere is a range of YSK detail parts, I have bought a number of these items to use for a future layout such as rubbish bins, air conditioners and hot water systems.

Edited by Das Steinkopf

yeah the model train section is thinks has been on a slow decline for like 5 years now. I would not rely at all on the backorder on train stuff.

yes only place ive seen the ysk a lot. they are nice and go on sale now and then.

jeff

Does this means, jackpot?

This message is to confirm that we've received your PayPal payment for the following order.

Order No.: 08203875

Shipping Method: SAL

Item Code
Item Name
Quantity
Price Total
Price ARI12871 A7571 Odakyu Romancecar 60000 Serie 1 ¥11,022 ¥11,022   Merchandise Total: ¥11,022   Shipping: ¥980   Amount Credited: ¥12,002   Total: ¥0

Thank you very much!

I'm glad that you were able to buy the 60000 MSE successfully.   Given MA's recent price increases and the fact that the 60000 MSE is sold out elsewhere, you got a very good deal.  

As for HLJ, I've had good experiences buying Godzilla figures there.  Very transparent about how much shipping will cost. 

I gave up on HLJ about a year ago, the whole backorder system is unreliable and is more akin to a wish list that can never be fufilled if they do have the items in stock there is no issue but if it is on backorder you can pretty much forget about it. 

I'll keep that in mind for the future.  

Das Steinkopf

This message is to confirm that we've received your PayPal payment for the following order.

Indeed you have , I will give HLJ credit for one thing in that they will never bill you unless they have the product in stock, great to hear you are enhancing your Romance Car fleet, did you get a chance to ride on the real thing when you went to Hakone Yumoto.

Yep you got it!

Hlj is very good about not charging until they have it ready to ship.

One thing I forgot to mention is they do sell sankei at 20% off! Most places don't discount sankei items. But at times it does take a week or so for them to get them even though they say "in stock".

Part 5 of the sale started last night. Some interesting tools and small scratch building pieces there. Few sankei fences and walls at 40% off (but only 1 per customer!).

The nice thing is that virtual warehouse as if you keep things in there for a little while you can build up a better box(s) to ship or wait for a back order.

Jeff

they are decent quality, not really precise moulds, but good enough. nice odd bits you dont fine much elsewhere. they go on sale now and then at 40-50% off now and then at hlj, thats how ive picked up mine.

jeff

Indeed you have , I will give HLJ credit for one thing in that they will never bill you unless they have the product in stock, great to hear you are enhancing your Romance Car fleet, did you get a chance to ride on the real thing when you went to Hakone Yumoto.

Unfortunately, I didn't... I did took the VSE 50000 though as it was the Romance car that I really wanted to ride on ~

Thanks to Jeff, i'll be saying 'hello' to this fellow soon!

And I can now make the scene like the video! How I wished I could find his longer brother now...

Anyone know what the power unit would be for a Microace Toei 10-300R 8 car set. Confused ! I see Hobby link have some power chassis and hopefully one will be suitable. The power chassis I have has a worn gear in one of the bogies and not much chance of replacing that. thanks for any info