miyakomokei youtube channel

JR 500系

I've subscribed to this youtube channel for sometime now, and their techniques are truly useful and perfectly executed:

Their latest video is one of the Tomix Railstar, which was recently re-released: 

Amazing technique to grade up the set, and some of the tips and tricks will come in handy. Also they have a wide range of special tools for each step! Cool!

• Like 6

Nice! Good demo video. Tools are

Desoldering wick - this is great stuff, basically braided copper that sucks up excess solder you need to clear after you have removed a soldered part.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-5-ft-2-0mm-Desoldering-Braid-Solder-Remover-Wick-CP-2015-Hot-Sale-/111668758831?hash=item19fffa092f:g:WMMAAOSweW5VC5Vo

Burnishers - these are what you use to rub down dry transfers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5PCS-2Way-Marbleizing-Dotting-Manicure-Tools-Painting-Pen-Nail-Art-Paint-MJGJBe1-/321858357723?hash=item4af040c9db:g:XKoAAOSwofxUjTiw

Cheers

Jeff

Amazing Jeff! I didn't know what they are until now... hahaha ~

What's that piece of paper that he used to rub in the dry transfer after applying them on the surface?

• Like 1

Tools are cool! They can become a sickness...

Just a piece of siliconized tissue to fully rub down the dry transfer. The transfer does not stick to it! Transfers usually come with it covering the transfers so they don't stick to anything else.

I actually was doing presentation and publication graphs and figures for science stuff pre dot matrix (those under 30 probably saying dot what?), inkjet and laser printers so we used pin tape and dry transfer lettering to do them quickly and have a bit of ability to fix things. Rubbed many a letter off...

Before that it was ink pens and Leroy lettering templates where one little booboo and its start over!

Cheers

Jeff

Very interesting videos they do, love the way they slowly show you step by step how to do the procedures... And the tools they have are like custom-made for the job!

Here's a video for TN-coupling the Tobu Spacia, which was initially not catered for TN couplers due to the missing holes...

And interesting to see how much difference the ink on the doors and grills made on the model!

Gordon Werner

I love their videos ... especially as they have at the factory installed LEDs et al ... really impressive some of the work done especially considering the size of the components.

quite impressive how things like the TN couplers and the panel lining improves the look of the factory standard models

thanx for that link ... was specifically looking for info on those