tomix thomas&friends station width?

sunhuntin

still working on that layout from how long ago??? just bought 2 sets of 3 way points tonight, which are the most expensive part except for the trains and scenery.

i would like to find out how wide the thomas and friends station is, if anyone knows? im trying to decide between narrow and wide points: 1273/1274 or 1271/1272

looks wise, the narrower ones are better and will make the tailing 3 way points/siding tuck in closer to the mainline, and i dont know if the station will fit between the two

track plans showing both points and the station placement

rotated_1.jpg

this station:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOMIX-N-gauge-scale-93851-Thomas-the-Tank-Engine-Thomas-World-Station-set-/221669335644?hash=item339c85a25c:g:sGAAAOSwDk5T-JTc

many thanks in advance

i would like to find out how wide the thomas and friends station is, if anyone knows? im trying to decide between narrow and wide points: 1273/1274 or 1271/1272

Looks like about 52mm plus or minus.  There’s a small plastic lip at the bottom so the track can be placed hard up against it and still have clearance to the coaches.  The back of the station is vertical though, so that’ll probably need some additional space.

post-2339-0-29082800-1445861588_thumb.jpg

post-2339-0-54261400-1445861585_thumb.jpg

Edit: And by the way - if you haven’t bought it yet - those prices on eBay are a bit ludicrous.  You can still pick them up on Amazon Japan for ¥990.
Edited by mrp

thanks, mrp, both for the info and the link. will have a read shortly and see about ordering the station and waterwheel from that amazon. [edit: won a station on the yahoo auctions for 1000y overnight, so im happy with that.]

edit: after some measuring within the track program, wide points it is.

sttionmeasu.jpg

Edited by sunhuntin