A pretty cool project for me #1

bc6

A while ago in nyc there was a cool giant sized PSP atop a billboard, I think it's still there maybe not. I thought that would be the coolest Japanese signage. I have an old PSP that I no longer use all I have to do is replicate the billboard. I think I still have pictures that I took of the prototype in lower Manhattan. Below is a link to some footage that someone took of the PSP in question. The same scene would make a nice construction work site as well just add construction equipment. Ive added my reference pics below low res of course, I have higher res photos on my desktop.

post-168-13569922858181_thumb.jpg

post-168-13569922858558_thumb.jpg

post-168-13569922858909_thumb.jpg

post-168-13569922859202_thumb.jpg

post-168-13569922859495_thumb.jpg

post-168-13569922859802_thumb.jpg

post-168-13569922860095_thumb.jpg

Very cool! lets see a psp is 17cm long so that would make it 25.5m in 1:150. most larger billboards are 75-100' long so that may be close to scale, maybe a tad large. could always fake the psp housing and just put a smaller screen in there from a cheap mp3/mp4 player.

very neat idea, will have to tuck that one away for the future! nice find!

cheers

jeff

Very cool! lets see a psp is 17cm long so that would make it 25.5m in 1:150. most larger billboards are 75-100' long so that may be close to scale, maybe a tad large. could always fake the psp housing and just put a smaller screen in there from a cheap mp3/mp4 player.

very neat idea, will have to tuck that one away for the future! nice find!

cheers

jeff

Thanks, I would have never thought of it if it wasn't from joining JNS. It looks like the giant PSP is still there so I took some nice reference pics. Im heading to Home Depot fri to pick up some PVC plumbing and fittings to replicate the billboard stand.

Thanks, I would have never thought of it if it wasn't from joining JNS. It looks like the giant PSP is still there so I took some nice reference pics. Im heading to Home Depot fri to pick up some PVC plumbing and fittings to replicate the billboard stand.

great, more reference shots would be grand! also scale if you can get a good idea of exactly what size it is.

not sure what plumbing fixtures you are thinking of, will be interesting to see. love it when you can find odd stuff at the hard ware or craft store to turn into neat scenery items! i will sometime wander with a blank mind in the craft store looking at things that i would never use regularly just seeing if some pattern, texture or shape pops out at me for use on the layout! i think the folks in the craft store think im daft or follow me as a potential shoplifter...

cheers

jeff

bc6 - Now you're getting be thinking of the billboards in Times Square, I always remember the guy drinking the coffee (used to be a cigarette) and smoke blowing out of the sign.