Kobaru - New Releases

JR 500系

I really wish to put on attention the 'strange' upcoming 'Kobaru' items release:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10347190

Punishment Girl  ???

Look at the description on HS page: 'Three bodies who Punishment, human creature input that is'

So it's 3 girls in like what seems to be giving 'punishment' and leaves the 4th figure undescribed in this 4-human set

Leaves the human mind to imagine...

And also this:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10347186

People of toilet ???

I know this is most probably in conjunction with this item also from Kobaru:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10304658

Temporary Toilet Set

But from the description on HS: 'Three-body people of the middle, does not look people in it and close the human creature input ... door to wait outside ...'

It kinda says three person waiting outside, so I guess it's like waiting humans who either cant stand still (cross legged with that expression on the face) or holding onto their tummies... But the fourth person is not described in this 4-human set... Again leaves the mind to imagine...

Lastly is this:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10347188

Swimsuit Girl Chubby.

Ok this is straight forward, probably chubby girls in swimsuit. But... Why would one want chubby girls in swimsuit?   ???

These new releases from Kobaru sounds really interesting, and yes there are no pictures yet to prevent spoiler alerts! 

Someone at kobaru has an odd market sense... I can see the portapotties as those are something that could go in many scenes. I picked up a pack of those when they came out for construction areas. The people of toilet I guess goes ok with that. Chubby bathing suit girls is fine to round out their swimsuit line as the original ones were pretty Annette funichelo and franky Avalon beach blanket bingo styled...

Pain girls seems really out there though. Perhaps folks will have a cutaway of a basement dungeon? Just odd!

Jeff

• Like 2

Ha!! yes I also saw these on Hobby Search, there are some bad quality black n white images on there now.

I have pre-ordered the People Of Toilet and the Punishment Girl sets ....   I am sure I can scratch build some place for them to live Ha!!

:laughing6:

Edited by dabsan

yes is bizarre

but in a layout are the particulars which make a layout interesting ;)

and porta-potty are always welcome :) 

even for minifigures ;)

Yep, I agree and what ever trips your trigger for your layout is great! It's your layout. Perhaps there is a larger market for the dominatrix figures than we thought! A layout with an dominatrix scene certainly would stand out and not be forgotten, that's for sure! I've seen a number of layouts with love hotels complete with figures from preiser!

Yes we torture our mini figures all too much! Any small pleasures we can provide like some toilet facilities will be greatly appreciated Im sure! ;-p

If we are too mean to them they may strike! Hey there is a scene I don't think I've seen on a layout, a demonstration!

Jeff

• Like 1

LOL, so right! Spot on!

But they were not protesting for their own rights enough like "make us some restrooms!" "Stop cutting figures off at the waist to go in trains and vehicles!" "Stop glueing our feet to the ground!" "We need food!" (Well at least a few of the tomytec shops and restaurants have food in them!

Jeff

PS I do miss quintopia! Sounds like the job hunting and then the new job has severely decreased his hobby time and thus creating his wonderful structures and scenes as well as his great wit and charm!

Edited by cteno4

LOL, so right! Spot on!

But they were not protesting for their own rights enough like "make us some restrooms!" "Stop cutting figures off at the waist to go in trains and vehicles!" "Stop glueing our feet to the ground!" "We need food!" (Well at least a few of the tomytec shops and restaurants have food in them!

As it happens I'm in the process of installing public toilets for my little people:

gallery_1206_165_14481.jpg

• Like 2

Kobaru releases the most unusual stuff every time. Of all they have done, the release of the "Punishment Girl" is maybe the hardest to place on any layout. I can imagine a shady hidden club, somewhere in a tower building where well-off CEO's go or whatever...

Maybe they can be placed right before the model of the Tokyo Big Sight with a bunch of swimsuit and maid girls and surrounded by photographers and it would look just like a normal street scene...

• Like 1

Maybe they can be placed right before the model of the Tokyo Big Sight with a bunch of swimsuit and maid girls and surrounded by photographers and it would look just like a normal street scene...

I don't know if you have ever been to Japan and what your standards of 'normal' are... It'd be more like a regular occurring event, but certainly not considered normal. Even in Japan.

• Like 2

I was talking about the location mentioned above. Also when the weather is good you can see similar scenes around a bridge over the tracks near a certain station on the yamanote and at times in a certain shopping district. Not to mention on the layouts of most westerners who only saw Japan as tourists.

Then I'd humbly suggest you either get out and experience the real Japan and/or dig a bit in more in-depth cultural material before touching on cultural/social 'normality' you have no idea about.

• Like 3

And i would humbly suggest you to try to find your sense of humor. I know that i was not using any written symbols for joke (aka. smileys), but it was clearly meant it as one. The Tokyo Big Sight is known to attract a bunch of minimally dressed cosplayers during comikets and other similar events, with a much larger crowd of photographers. There are more photos online about them on english language sites than about real japanese culture.

Actually i know that the real japanese society is anything but that, but exported japanese popular culture does show a completly different world and many westerners (including those who were taken on sightseeing tours to Akihabara) never get to know anything about the normal Japan. Actually the joke is similar to approximating the standard american way of living and culture from the photos taken during annual comic cons. It's completly and obviously not true but i'm pretty sure there would be a few people who wouldn't get the joke in that case either.

Stereotypes are hard to get rid of and for me it seems Japan is intentionally exporting a different culture than what is acceptable for most of the real japanese population. This is the main reason why many not too educated westerners get a larger cultural shock when they actually get to Japan and found out that the minimally dressed large eyed girls roaming the streets in most stories exist only in the media.

ps: On the other hand, i do think some of the Kobaru figures could be used as cosplayers in a diorama and most westerners would just say, 'ah that's ok, we know that this is normal in Japan'. It's like adding the mandatory godzilla to any Tokyo scene. :)

Ok guys, enough on this.

We do need to be mindful of stereotyping and assumptions easily go astray with culture. Better to question politely rather than assume. Every culture has its dichotomies.

Jeff

• Like 1

Now, if Kobaru wanted to model "normal" Japan, they should produce a varied range of those ridiculous dog push-chairs clogging up the parks here  ;)

Actually, Tomytec has already began this some time ago with the introduction of 'Human Collection - People at the Entertainment District:

10060839a.jpg 

We can make out the drunk people, and even some 'call girls' or even those pimps dressed in black coats. ~~ :P

I have a couple of these, which I find it 'difficult' to place anywhere else except in the entertainment district (duh... haha)

I mean you cant be seeing durnk people holding hands walking on the streets in broad daylight or even in a station, right?