Buyee

katoftw

Dunno if people are keen or not, but Buyee are currently offering 10 100% fee reduction vouchers.

Expires 2015/09/14 12:00 (JST)

Heh Heh..

Initially I wasn't THAT keen since I was like... What's there in Yahoo?

Until...

Decided to take a shot at it since it's service fee free and got myself a nice set of Tomix 92808 300 series 6-car basic set... FINALLY! And at a decent cost!

Now to see how it all adds up:

Item price + Service fee (0 yen using coupon) + payment fee (200yen) + Domestic shipping (??? yen) + International shipping (??? yen, EMS only)

Heh Heh..

Initially I wasn't THAT keen since I was like... What's there in Yahoo?

Until...

Decided to take a shot at it since it's service fee free and got myself a nice set of Tomix 92808 300 series 6-car basic set... FINALLY! And at a decent cost!

Now to see how it all adds up:

Item price + Service fee (0 yen using coupon) + payment fee (200yen) + Domestic shipping (??? yen) + International shipping (??? yen, EMS only)

I was considering that one, but figured I'd never find the add on sets for it so I scored a full organization with lights. [emoji4]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Got the email a few days ago.  I believe I didn't save much last time.  As in what I saved in fees I ended up paying extra in shipping fees.  As in I brought more items due to the savings, that the combined parcel became so big and costed so much more.  Probably best to stay away this time. haha

Edited by katoftw

Buyee is out to empty our wallets!

New promotion:

Notices
  • Thank you for your continued support and love of Buyee.
    As our way of saying thank you, we are offering "Buyee Service Fee" Campaign now,
    The BIGGEST campaign of Buyee ever!!
    You don't want to miss it. Search your desired item now♪

■Campaign period
    ※Please note that it is a time limited campaign, which might terminate at any time without prior notification.

■Promotion details
    Special Rates for Buyee Service Fee during the campaign

[ Shopping ]
    For items over 5,000 yen, Buyee Service Fee is 10% ⇒ 0% of the Item Price (During the Campaign)
    For items less than 5,000yen, Buyee Service Fee is 500 yen ⇒ 0 yen (During the Campaign)
    Payment fee is 200yen⇒0yen

[ Auction ]
    For items over 5,000 yen, Buyee Service Fee is 10% ⇒ 5% of the Item Price (During the Campaign)
    For items less than 5,000yen, Buyee Service Fee is 500 yen ⇒ 250 yen (During the Campaign)
    Payment fee is 200yen

※Shopping includes amazon, rakuten, ZOZO, Y!Shopping, and AKB48 Group shop
    ※Buyee Service Fee, Payment Fee will be discounted automatically at payment.

No coupons needed! But the phase: 'Please note that it is a time limited campaign, which might terminate at any time without prior notification.' is kinda scary... Imagining bidding on an item and suddenly they announced campaign over and you have to start paying service fees... that will be like WTH... Coupons have the assurance the item is bought at ZERO service fee so long it ends within the campaign stipulated timing....

This does not seem to be better than the previous coupons zero service fee promotion especially for AUCTIONS which we all love, as there is still a service fee of 5% (for items above 5000) and the payment fee still remains. A much better promotion for those buying from stores...

Guest keio6000

Does somebody know how to do an "or" search on Yahoo japan?  For example, I want to do a single search on auctions whose title contains either the term "MODEMO" or "モデモ" inclusive?  i tried all variants that I could think of with no luck.   WAnt to get it in such a way that I can get a single URL for the search so that I can save it in a list of links.

Thanks!

Latest campaign, nothing fanciful: 

mailMag_bookoff_160201_en.jpg

But nonetheless 0% service fee.. Only at that selected shop that do have quite a range of N scale ~

Latest campaign, nothing fanciful:

mailMag_bookoff_160201_en.jpg

But nonetheless 0% service fee.. Only at that selected shop that do have quite a range of N scale ~

What selected shop?

Book Off Buyee store, I guess?

Possibly, I don't even know what that is.

Yes correct it is only valid for Book Off store. Here's the link for easier reference:

http://buyee.jp/ya/bookoff2014

Search under their category 'Hobby train' for, err, hobby trains ~ 

• Like 1

Just a heads up.  And you'll need to do you own research on the matter.

Recently Buyee allowed you to pay using you own currency.  The problem I have noticed is that for example.  They tell me the going rate for a 9,769JPY item is $125.73AUD.  77.7 yen to my dollar.  Problem is that the current rate is 81.2.  Seems 3.5 yen is missing.

So do your own research and find which option is best for you.  For me paying in yen and having my bank apply a 2.5% conversion free is better.

Yeah the standard conversion fee are usually in the 2-4% range at most banks and credit cards. If you can use a credit card, some still waive this fee. Talk to your cc folks. Some charge it separately and others just bury it in the conversion rate.

Jeff

Recently Buyee allowed you to pay using you own currency.  The problem I have noticed is that for example.  They tell me the going rate for a 9,769JPY item is $125.73AUD.  77.7 yen to my dollar.  Problem is that the current rate is 81.2.  Seems 3.5 yen is missing.

So do your own research and find which option is best for you.  For me paying in yen and having my bank apply a 2.5% conversion free is better.

Is there even a way to change the used currency? I can't find anything.

I don't think there's a way to change it. It seems to be linked with the country in your address. There's only an option to switch the displayed prices between EUR and USD but it states that the charged currency depends on Paypal settings.

I checked in the Paypal settings and it's set to charge my CC directly with the original invoice currency, which in my case is EUR.

Looks like Buyee found another way to make a bit more money. :icon_scratch:

Buyee invoicing me in EUR is actually not helpful at all, since German customs always calculate with the original currency, which in Japan's case is JPY of course.

Edited by Suica

I'm pretty sure from memory that you currency selection is for using credit card as a payment option on the Buyee site.

If using PayPal as your payment option, then the currency payment options are different to Buyee's and in PayPal settings only.

If using PayPal as a payment option, then you are already loosing 4%, so no need to worry about Buyee's new system.

Edited by katoftw

In the US If you use a credit card with paypal that does not charge the international service charge then you don't get hit with that. You just need to make sure to pay in the currency that is accepting it and not your currency. Here paypal buries the 3% in their currency exchange rate if you use your local bank account with US dollars.

Jeff

If anyone who has used buyee could they tell me what happens after the auction process ends?

I thought I'd give it a try on a cheapish loco to see how it works, I registered, placed a bid which was above the current bid price, saw that amount on the auction listing then the auction closed but nothing came in the inbox saying you had won, just that the auction had ended.

I checked the ended listings on my watch list page and it was there in the ended section, not the successful bid section, clicked on the auction to re open it and my bid was still there as the highest one...

Does it then go somehow to buyee before I get any correspondence from them?

Eurostar.
If you win a bid, Buyee will contact and pay the seller. who will send your item to the Buyee warehouse.
There, they'll open it, check the contents and contact you about having received the item.
You'll then be able to choose your shipping method and complementary services.
After payment for this, your parcel will be on its way.

• Like 1