Kato ED19 spoked wheel size ? Who could measure that for me please ?

wintimtim

G'day group, could somebody with a Kato ED19 model please do me a favor and measure the diameter of the pilot wheel ? How many spokes does the wheel have ? And if there's a parts diagram included in the box, what is the Kato part number for the pilot wheels ? Thank you for your help, very appreciated. Tim 

Edited by wintimtim

Does no one in this forum have a Kato ED19 ? Or did I place the question into the wrong forum ? I could really use your help here. I am on the hunt for a small spoked wheel for another project and the spoked pilot wheels on the Kato ED19 could do the job. It seems to have 10 spokes which would be great but I need to know the size, the diameter of the wheel.

post-3383-0-93694800-1441111077_thumb.jpg

Who could measure that wheel for me ? And is there a Kato part number for these wheels or the whole bogie ? Thank you for your help, Tim  

Cute loco.  Then I realised I actually have one.  10 spokes, right on 6mm according to the ruler.  I can't give you anything more accurate without digital calipers, unfortunately.

• Like 1

i looked and i have micro ace EF10 and EF59 that also have the similar spoked wheels if thats a help i can measure them. no spare parts with ma though, would need to buy a used one and take them off...

jeff

• Like 1

Cute loco.  Then I realised I actually have one.  10 spokes, right on 6mm according to the ruler.  I can't give you anything more accurate without digital calipers, unfortunately.

Thank you, 6 mm that's exactly what I need. Now I need to find the spare part number if available. Won't be easy I guess. Thank you, Tim  

i looked and i have micro ace EF10 and EF59 that also have the similar spoked wheels if thats a help i can measure them. no spare parts with ma though, would need to buy a used one and take them off...

jeff

Thank you, no need to measure the ma ones at this stage, the Kato one is a perfect fit, all I need to find now is the part number. Thank you, Tim

Tim,

might check modeltrainplus.com and loco1hobby.com for some aid in part numbers. maybe VJM has his instruction sheet in his box as well!

jeff

Kato/Roundhouse sell them n a pack, 5.6mm spoked leading wheel.

10262506a.jpg

Bad google translation =

- Destination spoke wheel (wheel is used to leading truck of C57) tip wheel for locomotive

[Mounting Compatible models]
- SL: C56, D51 (new power)
- EL: EF10, EF15 (new power), EF16, ED16, EF56

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

Well, too good to be true unfortunately, they only have 8 spokes otherwise they would be perfect. The wheel will be fully visible on the model I am planing to build, actually only two of the four but it would bother myself too much knowing they have 2 spokes missing while there would be a wheel out there with 10 spokes. But thank you anyway, I will buy a bag of the ones with the outside points. Thank you, Tim

Tim,

might check modeltrainplus.com and loco1hobby.com for some aid in part numbers. maybe VJM has his instruction sheet in his box as well!

jeff

I am bothering Nariichi with all my questions already that I first have to place an order before I will start again with a next questions attack otherwise I wouldn't feel comfortable.   :)   Thank you, Tim   

Tim,

I think you will find Nariichi San a very good egg! Lots of purchases I'm sure down the road! He also does personal shopping for the harder to find bits.

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1