Kato Japan email address

jrcrunch

do you guys know on how to contact kato japan? what is their email address? 

so far i have problems with my kato trains but just preparing

happy with the customer feedback of tomix and they respond very fast.

it says we can't reply to individual messages. so weird

This is their way as E6 pointed out that they want you to go thru your retailer with questions and such. I've encountered companies like that in the us as well that have no customer service, they use their retailers for the customer service end.

Also kato won't handle English most likely.

Did you get tomix to respond to an English email or was it in Japanese?

Jeff

tomix responded to me in english and are very helpful.

i just hope i won't have problems with my kato trains

Edited by jrcrunch

Interesting I've never heard of tomix dealing with anything outside japan! Did they just answer a question, sell a spare part, or did they actually take something for return or repair?

It is one of the issues with a hobby like this that you can't expect everything to be available for return or repair or if it does happen it can cost more and take more effort. But all hobbies have some drawbacks you have to work around. The good news is that as model trains go for the vast majority of trains from all the main manufactures the quality is very high and working on them yourself is not all that hard after you do one or two for minor repairs and such. For the most part I actualy like fiddling with problem trains,minter eating part of the hobby and can be very satisfying!

Jeff

Don't worry about problems until the arise.  The good thing about Tomix and Kato is their quality is top rate.  I haven't once worried about their product.

Buying used off yahoo,  well that comes with a spoon full of anxiousness.

• Like 1

Buying used off yahoo,  well that comes with a spoon full of anxiousness.

Even the ive had excellent luck buying many used jtrains off ebay (both us and japan sources) and all have been great mostly and the few issues I've easily been able to fix. Also I got both a kato used 500 and E1 sets off ebay only to discover both had two motor units! So even some hidden prizes there! Not unlike the grab bag box on n scale I picked up for $40 as I thought I saw the kato Zeppelin car in the jumbled pile pictured and low and behold it was and sold the rest off for $60! That was my biggest ebay coup!

Jeff

Thanks, bought a item from them and sent it to the Chicago address and they returned it back to me denoting they won't replace it. I have to ship it back to Japan for them to send it back to Denver, Co.

Kb4iju,

Contact kato japan before sending this as I doubt they will do international returns/repairs like this and it's going to be expensive shipping it to them. You may never get it back w.o an RMA. Japanese manufacturers (and many U.S. Ones as well) usually require returns go thru the shop you bought it from. Where did you buy it from?

Unfortunately KatoUSA does not support Kato Japan trains, even when they bring a few over now and then for sale, it's been a bone of contention with customers in the past.

Jeff

Depending on what the problem is it may well be cheaper to DIY. I know there's the matter of principle that an item under guarantee should be repaired FOC, but still!

Can you tell us what the fault is? It might be something other people have encountered.