Sanyō Shinkansen 40 year anniversary

Martijn Meerts

A model of it would be an instant pre-order, even at double or triple the price of a regular version :)

Considering the licensing issues that would go along with it.  I'd expect a 25,000-30,000 yen price tag.

JR Hokkaido could take some notes here on how to make green and purple actually work well together.

Edited by katoftw

Finally, more pictures are out on the Evangelion train here!

http://tetsudo-shimbun.com/article/topic/entry-518.html

Amazing!

5625cc171d637.jpg 

And the best part is, car 1 is empty and is something like an Evangelion OPS room, complete with the iconic pilot cockpit!

562490503d900.jpg 

With controls and some sort of a game!

5625c3ba05f09.jpg 

And some videos:

Is it just me, or am I getting super excited to ride this in the future??   :)

I want a model NOW!!

Martijn Meerts

The only thing I don't like about it, is that the skirt on the front bogie of the end cars is all green rather than line up with the design.. It looks a bit odd.

Wow it's amazing how the paint job changes the perceived shape of the train!

Tomix, yes pleaseeeeee!

Jeff

The livery really does seem to reshape the train doesn't it.  I would think the model manufacturers will definitely want to build this one, the 500 series itself combined with the livery and anniversary of the line seem like it would have a lot of appeal outside of just modelers, no problem moving this inventory :)

SuRoNeFu 25-501

This is really interesting. Definitely one of the best special livery ever used by a Shinkansen train (^^)

Anyone find more information on that Endo model? It looks to me from the photos like it's a plastic model but I could be wrong, I'd be really tempted to get one if it's released  :)

Nice to read this post.. :) will be great if the model is finally released.. BTW, I am sure most of us here have the model of 500 series in our roster and who knows some will try to play decal of 500EVA if there's any possibility for the decal being produced... I would love to hear if someone has information about the n scale decals for this 500EVA in the future... thanks.. 

PS: Don't forget about E3 Genbi Shinkansen which will also be hard to resist.. :P

The garishly-decorated futuristic (OK, it's 20 years old almost) pointy streamlined train contrasted with the aged, weathered concrete station approaches make it look like something from a dystopian scifi film...

Das Steinkopf

500 TYPE EVA and Doctor Yellow.

I just love how everyones focus turns from the EVA 500 Series to Doctor Yellow as it comes in flying through the station and stealing the show.

• Like 4

I just love how everyones focus turns from the EVA 500 Series to Doctor Yellow as it comes in flying through the station and stealing the show.

Yes... And the people on the platform with the EVA 500 wished the EVA 500 wasn't there when Doctor Yellow decided to zoom pass!  :)

The Opening Ceremony video: 

Which is REALLY cute! The girls should be in plug suits though.... The mascot is actually the 3rd angel! And the departure melody is the opening theme of the anime evangelion... If you are familiar with the anime, you will love this!  :)

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

Sorta looks like the opening of a new roller coaster in Disneyland :)

More importantly though, where's the model !?

How long is the EVA running? On their website it says till spring 2018, but I read somewhere else its only till end of March this year!!

March 2017 was the initial date. However last summer it was announced that it's gonna be extended until spring 2018 due to overwhelming success.

• Like 1