Platform Extensions for Kato Suburban Station Number 23-211

gerryo

I have the Kato Station number 23-211 and wish to use it on my layout. I can not find an English description of which Platform Extensions to use.

I have the 2014 Kato Catalogue which is written totally in Japanese. There are 2 numbers indicated in the description. But I have no way of knowing which one is correct. The 2 numbers are 23-100 and 23-110.

Is there anyone here who knows which one is the right one?

gerryo

Claude_Dreyfus

23-211 is the suburban station. I believe both 23-100 and 23-110 would work, but it depends how you want to set your station up. 23-100 is the island platform, whilst 23-110 is single sided. You probably would need an end platform (for example 23-102).

23-211 is a add on set.  You would need the 23-126 first.  Then you can switch the station buildings.  Platforms pieces are 23-127 for a full platform kit, and 23-218 for add on 248mm platforms.  23-234 is the overhead bridges and 23-212 is the accessories kits.

10017638k2.jpg

Personally I'd walk away from this station, or on sell it.  It will require some kit bashing to make it work.  Double plate track sit on a base that raises the track pieces by a few millimeters.  Also the reason you need the 23-126 kit originally, as it has a base that raises the station.  The whole setup is from 2001 and isn't always the best at finding the pieces you need.  Hobby Search in Japan has some sets, but how much is the question?  And when will it run out?

Edited by katoftw
Darklighter

23-211 is a add on set.  

Also the reason you need the 23-126 kit originally, as it has a base that raises the station.

23-211 is not an add on but an alternative. From my understanding of the (Japanese) explanation, 23-211 is made for use with 23-110 type platforms, while 23-126 is made for use with 23-127.

I will be keeping the 23-211 Station as it fits with the 23-411 Street Set. If the extensions are bought in the 20-815 Set it should fit and would be long enough I think.

Without any additional Kit 23-126 there will not be any raising of the station.

And later I can get another 23-815 Set for the double track. I'll check with HS to see if they have any in stock.

Thanx for all the help.

gerryo

HS did not have the sets but I was able to order the individual pieces.

Thanx again for your help.

gerryo

Sorry for the necro, but that's what I'd like to know as well. For going by what I can see in the available pictures, the only way to get any of the current one-sided platforms attached to a 23-211 station building is to use only one s-clip on each side and one s-clip needs to be relocated.

Also the station veranda doesn't match the newer platform roofs. Not an issue if the one-sided platform ends are used but may be one to those that need a longer platform.

I'm now wondering if the 23-130 sets would work with this station?

Edited by Rod.H