Scale Speed Calculator.

Sascha

If you enter 39000 inches for each second you get that. However i think you might have made a mistake in entering the right values. The calculator doesn't do much, just translates from inch/sec to mph, then multiplies it with the scale to get scale speed. The algoritm is: inches / seconds / 63360 * 3600 * scale. I don't think you need a web based calculator for this...

• Like 1

If you enter 39000 inches for each second you get that. However i think you might have made a mistake in entering the right values. The calculator doesn't do much, just translates from inch/sec to mph, then multiplies it with the scale to get scale speed. The algoritm is: inches / seconds / 63360 * 3600 * scale. I don't think you need a web based calculator for this...

Yes. I need a web based calculator for this, since I really suck at math and have no idea what you are talking about. :laughing6:

I put Actual Distant Traveled: 975 cm Time interval 25 sec and Scale Factor 1:60

That is 1.404 km/h which is around one and almost a half kilometers an hour. (scale speed at 1:60 is around 84 km/h) This looks completly realistic.

• Like 1

That is 1.404 km/h which is around one and almost a half kilometers an hour. (scale speed at 1:60 is around 84 km/h) This looks completly realistic.

Gosh. Its not my day.You are absolutely right.

Guest Closed Account 1

As per their calculations,my trains are running an average speed of 2216 mph/1404 kmh.(Real speed)

There's and app for that:  iPhone App called ModelSpeed (one word).

You can use their pre-programmed gauges or create your own like for T-Gauge.

My T-Gauge exceeds 1200 so I throttle back.  :)

Edited by Webskipper