New to Japanese Train

Coolman

Hi,

Good day to everyone, I am from Singapore today i brought my first Tomix HO scale train but I do have other HO train which they belong to the European side.

Before that there isn't any Japanese train that is available here in Singapore until 2 weeks ago the 1st batch of Japanese train has arrive here in one of our local hobby shop and I was fascinated with the wide selection of the rolling stocks available.

I hope to learn something new everyday from all the expert here.

Thanks

Victor

• Like 1

Welcome Victor!

Quite a few HO Modelers here as well. Folks in Singapore seem to have no problems ordering direct from japan as well! Glad you found Japanese trains and the forum.

Cheers,

Jeff

• Like 1

Hi there coolman!

Welcome!

It's nice to see more and more model train fans from Singapore! I wish to be able to join a rail club here too where we can run trains and have nice discussion together!

What's your Tomix HO set? You mentioned the first batch of Japanese hobby trains arrive here at our local shops? May I ask which shop you are referring to? Also, I think it is highly marked up to buy them here locally, which will be better to exactly buy them directly from Japan at a cheaper cost than here....

• Like 1

Hi JR 500 thanks for the welcome there is a big lot of Tomix that arrive about 2 weeks ago at Singrail located at Eng Kong Place, the owner mention that by year end he will be bringing in Kato. As for the price you are wrong and his price is even cheaper than what the Japanese is selling over in Japan.

I have got myself a Tomix HO-610 Hakone Tozan Railway 3000 Class and i will be back to take a second piece to couple them together. I am seriously looking at the N scale as with the price of 1 Fleischmann N scale train I can buy about 5 Tomix N scale locomotive.

Hi there coolman!

Welcome!

It's nice to see more and more model train fans from Singapore! I wish to be able to join a rail club here too where we can run trains and have nice discussion together!

What's your Tomix HO set? You mentioned the first batch of Japanese hobby trains arrive here at our local shops? May I ask which shop you are referring to? Also, I think it is highly marked up to buy them here locally, which will be better to exactly buy them directly from Japan at a cheaper cost than here....

Edited by Coolman
  • Like 1