Train to and from the Railway Museum in Satsima.

On my trip to Tokyo in May I visited the' Railway Museum Satsima', and to get to it I had to take this train. Any info about it? Sadly I'm not the best when it comes to taking pictures, and I was in a hurry so have pity with me and my skills.

post-2569-0-02400400-1435970089_thumb.jpg

post-2569-0-78020400-1435970167_thumb.jpg

post-2569-0-50537400-1435970247_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys!!! I did mean Saitama. Long day!! Is it out as a model yet?

Edited by Sascha

This is a so called New Transport type train, which isn't very popular as a model. IIRC the only readily available model (which is a kit), is the Yurikamome train with some tracks from Fujimi: http://www.fujimimokei.com/item/items/4968728910109/ It is a non-motorised and non-moving model however.

It would be nice to create a moving model of this type of transport with the Tomytec Moving Bus technology, but creating a functioning point/switching system might prove troublesome in a small scale.

• Like 1

One of the earlier trains on  this line:

512px-NewShuttle1111.jpg

Always put me in mind of a B-train shortie version of this:

640px-Triebwagen_135_886_BVB.jpg

• Like 2

The shorty version looks a lot like the old DDR (German Democratic Republic) subway trains they used in Berlin.I wonder if they are related somehow.Even though to my knowledge I don't think east Germany had any business relations with a non communist country back then.

Mk_Berlin_U-Bahn_TypG.jpg

Edited by Sascha
  • Like 1

I was just joking, but some of those GDR U-Bahn trains did get exported to Athens for a while (apparently modified versions are still in use). Some were also sold to North Korea after German reunification.

FWIW the GDR did quite a lot of business with the "kapitalistisches Ausland" ("capitalist foreign countries") for the sake of hard currency.

Disclaimer: I lived in Berlin for 15 years, 8 of them right next to the line these trains ran on.

• Like 1

Sorry, didn't get the joke. And still don't. I guess I'm still to new to this. Lol. I think they used the train with the U2 line Ruhleben to Potsdamer Platz after the unification. Still, the design is very close to each other. I wonder if someone did some borrowing with the design. From what I found out it was put in service 1975 by LEW Hans Beimler in Henningsdorf as Prototype G. It would be interesting to know when the train you posted came out. I also lived in Berlin for 30 years btw, but never had much contact with the ' other side'.Now when i think about it, they do had Mercedes and things. Has been a long time.

Edited by Sascha

Sascha,

Btrain shorties are n scale models of real trains that are squished in their length to about 40% the lenght of the prototypical train car. Hence the short cars in that first pict look like they are the squished Btrain shorty version of the longer cars in the second picture.

Cheers

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1