Greetings from Norfolk, UK.

wartsilaone

wartsilaone

Hi guys, Iv'e been a guest of the forum for quite some time and learned much from the knowledgeable members so I feel now is the time to get involved.

Born into a railway family it was kind of inevitable that I would develop my love for anything that runs on rails and lead me to becoming a train driver hear in Norwich.

My wife and I have a bit of an obsession with Japan which of course includes it's railways. My son also loves his trains and the Trackmaster Thomas The tank Engine introduced me to the world of Plarail which got me started collecting Shinkansen toys. From there things have progressed which I'll go in to later. Not having much room in the house for a layout it has been a dream to have a railway round our Japanese themed garden and it's only right that it should be a Japanese railway. I won't say much at the moment but many model scales have been considered and some have been attempted. What I will say is that I've settled on the most unlikely scale for the garden. Photos will follow. 

For now I'd like to say thanks for the add and i'll speak to you soon.

Alastair

Edited by wartsilaone
  • Like 2

Hi Wartsilaone - Welcome to the Forum......A garden railroad is something I've been thinking about for years around our house but it's one of those projects that I never got around to. I look forward to seeing your photos. Why don't your start your our thread about your Garden RR.

Alastair,

Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us. I've always dreamed of a long garden rr loop in our backyard on viaduct with a 700 series! Grand dream, but maybe sometime!

Will look forward to want you come up with!

Cheers

Jeff

bikkuri bahn

Welcome to the forum.  We seem to be getting many new members from the UK recently.  The more the merrier.

wartsilaone

Yes Miyakoji My other great love is shipping and Wartsila is my engine of choice.

As I said, attempts have been made to start a garden railway and here are some of the results.

Things have moved on from here but it's still very much work in progress so I'll get a bit more done before taking pictures.

Alastair.

Drunkenclam
Welcome Aboard

full01.gif
From me and the girls, Always good to see another Brit here. I'm pretty new here myself, But I've been reading the threads and learning much
wartsilaone

Thanks for the welcome guys ans girls. I'll speak to you soon.

Edited by wartsilaone