That Japanese Diorama Video is now Live!

GetNewDesign

GetNewDesign

Hi everyone,

I originally posted in December 2014, asking for assistance on a live-action video ad for a Japanese client of ours that required several realistic dioramas to be built.

See original post here: http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/9496-calling-all-experienced-model-makers-large-japanese-diorama/

I am pleased to announce that the video is now online for all of you to see!

Thanks so much for all the help & direction this forum provided me back in December 2014. 

GND_Yutaka_01.jpg

I just wanted to let you know that we have now built the models and shot them all, edited and uploaded the video online.

GND_Yutaka_03.jpg

The 70 secs ad was shot in London using miniature models painstakingly created by our team of model makers. (It took them 5 weeks to build 5 different sets) 

GND_Yutaka_12.jpg

The actual shoot took 5 days and the entire video was shot on 16mm film. We wanted to use traditional film cameras to give the video a sense of nostalgia that you can only achieve with a real film grain. 

GND_Yutaka_16.jpg

Here is the link to our Youtube video that we posted over the weekend: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJMyNJ5k8e8

Would love to hear any feedback from the forum about the video!

• Like 5

Imho the model builders did a wonderful work and the film crew is really talented. What could be the scale of the models?

It's so wonderfully done that without the kid towards the end of the video i'll never know it is a model!  :)

GetNewDesign

...speechless

It's so wonderfully done that without the kid towards the end of the video i'll never know it is a model!  :)

Imho the model builders did a wonderful work and the film crew is really talented. What could be the scale of the models?

Thanks very much! The scales ranged between 1:150 (Landscape Scenery) and 1:12 (Kitchen) and 1:10 (Interiors)

Wow - I'd say more, but I'd be scared that I'd be short changing it.

Amazing!!!!

Thanks to everyone's feedback! I have sent this link to the model team so they can read all of these kind words..

Edited by GetNewDesign
  • Like 1

Spectacular!!! Applause! Kudos!

Really well done! Shooting those models was a big challenge. I did some of that years ago on exhibit models and it was almost as much work to shoot it well as making he bloody models! Love the 16mm, perfect!

Well done, take a big bow!

Cheers

Jeff

Congrats for the job done. I read the earlier post and it turned out to be fantastic work.. :) I couldn't understand the message of the advertising, why japanese diorama is related with food? :D

and the video is too short unfortunately.. :P hope there would be more filming for this stuff..

• Like 1
GetNewDesign

Congrats for the job done. I read the earlier post and it turned out to be fantastic work.. :) I couldn't understand the message of the advertising, why japanese diorama is related with food? :D

and the video is too short unfortunately.. :P hope there would be more filming for this stuff..

Originally, the concept was that the little boy loves Japan and has created his 'vision' of Japan, either in his head or in reality. And for him Yutaka's products are part of the stereotype/vision of his Japan. Thats what mama buys from the supermarket so he naturally superimposes them into his 'vision'...

The "Good Food Made Japan-easy" came as an afterthought by the client. We weren't convinced that it really works....

GetNewDesign

Is it okay to ask whom did the modeling work?

Yes of course.. We commissioned three model makers- Alan Budgen, Sachiko Yabe & Madeau Christou- all of whom are based in London, UK.