Hi from Sussex UK

Blobby

Hi

I've mainly modeled American urban HO but haven't had a layout since moving into quite a small house about 10 years ago. I decided to rectify this terrible state of affairs and look at N gauge - whilst looking for ideas on youtube I came across this video:

This was the first time I'd seen anything Japanese and I was completely bowled over by this layout and the Japanese models and I'm now totally hooked on  finding out more aboutJapanese railways and modelling a (small!) Japanes urban scene. I've already got several questions so I'll start finding where to ask them

Claude_Dreyfus

Good to see yet another UK-based J-trains fiend...and alarmingly local; whereabouts in Sussex are you?

Welcome! There is a saying that you can find a prototype for everything in Japan, so everyone can find something what they like.

hi Claude - hi not a fiend yet - give me a month or so! I'm in Eastbourne - where are you?

hi kvp thanks for welcome - from what I've seen so far I think I'd agree

Blobby,

Welcome! Good to see you found the incredible variety of japanese trains and scenes to model! like KVP said there is always a prototype for just about any odd thing you can dream up somewhere in japan! Makes modeling much more fun and you can do so much more variety in a small space and still be very close to prototype! scenes can also be jammed packed with detail as well so in a small space you can really do a lot.

poke around the forum, lots of info around in here and a lot of great folks to answer questions and get into interesting discussions with!

cheers

jeff