Sanyo Dentetsu new rolling stock- 6000 series

bikkuri bahn

Sanyo Dentetsu will introduce new rolling stock within the fiscal year, the first new units in 15 years.  Designated the 6000 series, the aluminum-bodied rolling stock will consist of a total of 6 units, in 3 two-car formations.  They will be capable of being used on both local services and incorporated in direct limited express rakes.  The carriages will be 18.9m long, equipped with VVVF inverters, LED lighting, fully enclosed PMSM motors, and interestingly, a braking system that prevents flats on wheelsets. They will be manufactured by longtime supplier Kawasaki Heavy.

http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2015/05/20/638/

That picture of the new San'yō Electric Railway trainset so reminds me of the front end of the new JR West 227 Series EMU--not surprising since they're both built by the same company (Kawasaki Heavy Industries' Hyogo assembly line).

I got started on this and thought "hmmm, I should make dinner.  I'll post it later."  Well... :)

A few points from the Tetsudou News article:

• ultimately these will replace the 3000 series
  • this train's power consumption will be 40% less than that of the 3000 series
  • it will also be quieter, thanks to squirrel-cage type(?) induction motors
  • 2 3-car sets will be delivered by the end of 2015
  • the red on the exterior is "innocent red"

http://railf.jp/news/2015/05/20/120000.html

Edited by miyakoji
  • Like 1
bikkuri bahn

The 6000 series interiors look like carbon copies of the Sapporo 9000 series that were just introduced (Sapp's don't have overhead racks tho).  "Kawajuu look", 'suppose...

Somehow, I sometimes regret not collecting Sanyō trains instead of Keisei, but then I remember that I live in the Kantō area. Then I again think that I use Keisei only once or twice per year, still more often than Sanyō...  :sad1:

bikkuri bahn

I'll be out on the Sanyo mainline in a couple of weeks- looking forward to getting on a local and stopping off at some of the stations in Hyogo Prefecture- they still have a very basic interurban feeling to them, unlike the more built up nature of JR West stations. Plus gotta get my customary bowl of bokkake udon + inari sushi at the Sanyo Soba shop at Shikama station.

• Like 1
bikkuri bahn

snapshot taken on a Sanyo Dentetsu train this evening:post-133-0-24007700-1458645368_thumb.jpg

It's an announcement for free rides and a walk-through this April 17. The general public will get a chance by lottery.

• Like 1